Recent Posts

by Djuan214, Today, 4:07 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 42

Starbucks Barista HELP!!!

So it turns out when I turn the nozzle all the way for water to come out of the steam wand the leaking stops but when I barely turn it, it leaks. Regardless, Will try to check and clean the group head, but it doesn't seem like a big deal now.
by eltakeiteasy, Today, 3:58 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 353 Views: 26523

The Londinium R24

Indeed! Always more fun to pick up coffee stuff when traveling
by mmntip, Today, 3:51 am in Grinders
Replies: 1514 Views: 184038

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

They're cast, then machined for the burr edges. If you look at the center ring you still see the less accurate casting finish. I suspect these to be closer to conicals, looking at the lab sweet burrs as a reference? Anyone here with experience with this type of burr who can chip in on this?
by mathof, Today, 3:46 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 353 Views: 26523

The Londinium R24

That one's similar but I don't believe it is the same. I found yours on several sites in Italy, but the post-Brexit shipping cost is prohibitive: ≥€40 as opposed to ~€5 for EU countries. If Covid ever recedes enough to allow me to resume my annual visits to Italy, I'll try to pick up a set up over there.
by Giampiero, Today, 3:38 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Could be a simple fix. Mostly of such machine group head has a spring that push a seal closing the water path once using the steam. If the seal it's worn, will not keep the group head water path closed once using the steam, or in the worst scenario some parts are missing, like the spring or the seal.
by LindoPhotography, Today, 3:27 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 15 Views: 1148

Is pre-infusion obsolete with lower pressure, spraying of the puck and a bplus screen filter?

A few sites selling these similar espresso screens mention it will LOWER temperatures by a degree or two so they recommend increasing your machines temperature to compensate, 92c is 197.6f which is a bit low regardless for a light roast (but could work) so that would explain why it was a bit sour with the screen and fine without it....
by Djuan214, Today, 2:35 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Recently I've purchased a Starbucks Barista espresso machine at my local salvation's army for $40. Seems like its in good condition overall, after i wiped it down it's looks sorta new. It's turns on and heats up fine but i think i got a problem that could be fixed if I'm told what is it and how to do so....
by Jeff, Today, 1:27 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 96

Rocket Boxer 1 Group + Mahlkonig E65S

Can I ask a couple questions to get people headed down a reasonable direction? The Boxer 1 is a rather unique starting point. What draws you to it? Why do you think the espresso workflow for an E65S is viable for home use? Both of your choices seem to me to be focused on form. How important is in-cup performance...
by chanty 77, Today, 12:51 am in Marketplace
Replies: 32 Views: 576

New Jackrabbit Coffee Give-Away

I'm interested in trying Jackrabbit espresso!!