Recent posts

by EddyQ
1 minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 15
Views: 202

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

If silicone based grease is applied. I would say it should based on what I have read. How much? Donno. Is swelling causing you any problems? For me, I did not notice swelling. But the seals do seem to have softened up and stick far more to the mirror smooth surface of my group
by Spitz.me
3 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 148
Views: 11425

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Are any Canadians in this thread that have gotten anything in Canada with a Blueberry chocolate profile?
Advertisement
by Spitz.me
4 minutes ago
Replies: 307
Views: 14054

Canadian Roaster Recommendations

To be fair, I did like the Bad Boy Espresso blend I had from Brulerie. The other offerings were just ... not good to me. That monsooned robusta blend was literally impossible to pull properly on 2 different machines. So, that has me scratching my head. The strangest thing that I've ever experienced with a coffee
by HobWash
16 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 35
Views: 3518

DF83v vs DF64v (I have both)

Read the first line of the original post. It sums it up. For more info, that first line is a link to all the details
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz
28 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 38
Views: 2017

Greens Alert - Decaf Version

I am enjoying this quite a bit - here is a roast from yesterday. If anyone still wants any. 20lbs of the Ally Open "COLOMBIA GALERAS DECAF" which is EA Processed. I did this to facilitate sharing. Shipping will be done via USPS Padded Flat Rate envelope at 9.30 for
by fran+
29 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 139

Brew water temperature La Marzocco Linea Mini 2021

hi Guys, Still cant understand the temp, i tried even with coffee but still not going up, tried up the steam boiler as I sed there is a cross that connect both boilers but nothing, has anyone got la mini and can you try and see how much is the temperature of the water during brew ? I
by JohnB.
50 minutes ago

I get several years between lubes on the silicone seals in my Bosco using the Dow 111 which probably amounts to 1 year of full time use. No noticeable issues with seal swelling. I can clean and relube the same seals multiple times before changing them
by jpender
51 minutes ago

The silicone seals in my Robot have all enlarged with use. At some point the performance degrades and eventually it's better to replace it. I have no idea if the grease is even partially responsible for this. Would a brand new seal not installed in the machine swell simply by application of a liberal amount of grease? The lower
by robotuser
1 hour ago
Replies: 148
Views: 11425

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Do you mean 3/29 roast date with a 4 week rest? Mine arrived. Patiently wait for 3 weeks...or 4
by Jake_G
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 81

La Marzocco GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

I just checked. With the 1.2mm steam tip it slowly decreases from 1.5 bar at 30s down to 1.3 bar at 50s. Idle is set at 1.9 bar right now, so there is an immediate dip to 1.5 and then a slow decline from there. Though I'm not sure what this tells you in terms of what it