Recent Posts

by dndrich, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 227

Niche Zero: To RDT or Not to RDT

I believe Niche has come out and said that RDT is fine. Just keep the water down to a minimum. There are many who have done RDT with the Niche apparently with no issues. I do not find it necessary at all for standard espresso. My Niche is new, and expect after break in that will be even better. But
by Legend_217, 4 minutes ago in Grinders

Big NO. Water will discolor your burrs
by cskorton, 9 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 7 Views: 277

Light roast coffees for espresso - Haven't discovered the joy...

Everyone has different tastes and preferences. I struggled to enjoy light roasts at home with my starter setup. I now have very nice gear, but my preference is still for high body, less acidic shots. Namely, high quality Italian blends. I still like to try light roasts out in cafes in the hands of a skilled barista to
by NelisB, 16 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 250 Views: 17209

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva

I have a 54.9 mm base and I use IMS baskets. Perfect
by gobucks, 17 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 140

Lelit Elizabeth pressure too high

i'm a newbie here, and I also am working on adjusting my pressure to 9 bar, but I'm a little confused. Specifically, I watched that video about adjusting the pressure, and I understand how to get into the machine, turn the valve, etc, but what I don't understand is which function to run in order to check the pressure
by jdrobison, 19 minutes ago in Grinders

They advise against it, saying that it's counterproductive to how they designed the machine to clear the grinds. How long are you letting it run after you hear the final bean ground? It usually takes mine another 10 seconds or so until I see no more grinds landing
by baldheadracing, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 23 Views: 855

Espresso Machines & Copper

To clarify, I was referring to the heat exchanger (tube) itself being made of stainless steel or brass. (I'll leave aside the debate on whether a heat exchanger must be cold-fed to be called an "HX machine.")
by Rob101, 31 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 23 Views: 855

Espresso Machines & Copper

Also, has anyone actually checked the copper levels in the coffee/water from their espresso machine? apparently it's very easy to do. You can buy copper test kits for $20 at your local aquarium/pet store. Then presumably you would test copper levels coming out of brew group and then recheck by redoing a flush and running fresh
by versusqc, 32 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 30

Lagom p64 shipping cost

Prima has exclusive distribution of the P64 in the USA: {link}
by NickR, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 67

Does my espresso machine have air in the lines?

This was extremely digestible information and I sincerely appreciate it. This answered my question and educated me a bit on the machine. Thanks very much!