Recent posts

by Amberale
4 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 227

ACS lever safety system

In hindsight it may be the "sleeve" around the group that needs to be full of water, not the group itself. In the first video above he runs a lot of water through the group before releasing the lever. I am sure that DaveC will confirm at some stage
by Mike-R
9 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 46
Views: 1239

Latte Art Diagnosis

Up until the point you reach the middle of the cup, you are doing a great job. Here's a screen shot from one of your videos, and it truly looks great. The pattern is forming in nice wide open leaves. {image} But then moments later the flow becomes too thick and the pattern gets squashed.
Advertisement
by gumchum
17 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 35
Views: 5154

Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder

Price seems to only slightly more than the Mini, if you take their Instagram clue seriously
by mgrayson
1 hour ago
Replies: 44
Views: 3083

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

Now that I actually *have* the beast, I have some comments and questions. There is a lightbulb icon next to the on/off button instead of a C/F. I suspect I have some Vostok software in my machine? Th group and brew temperatures were both set to low 90 degree celsius, very far from the manual's recommended 92/101 for brew/group
by Cgr86
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 35
Views: 5154

Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder

Their website says it's designed for modern light roasts if that helps in any way
by Blernsball
1 hour ago
Replies: 8
Views: 198

La Peppina drip tray needed

When I had one I looked around too. Mine was fine, but flaking. I thought to maybe get one machined or cut out of brass, then nickel plating it. But seemed much too expensive. One place to try would be ipoktala on instagram. They make other aftermarket parts for the peppina. I bought a tamper and
by mgrayson
1 hour ago

ACS lever safety system

That makes sense. I wonder how it is demonstrated in the above videos. I guess the water is running. I'll try it and see
by Steffche
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1394
Views: 192447

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

[img][img]{link}[/img] {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} [/img]
by Steffche
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1394
Views: 192447

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Hey Pete, I have it little tap and still bubbles, so I removed it to inspect, didn't see anything out of the ordinary? I did post a video of it and the gurgling bubbles travelling through the hoses. {video}{video}The annoying thing is it still produces a great coffee, I just need to preinfuse a little longer until water starts
by Amberale
1 hour ago

ACS lever safety system

The safety system only works if the group is full of water. If you pull the lever with no portafilter and release it the safety system can't work as it requires water in the group for back pressure IIRC. It is designed to work if a portafilter is not inserted fully and falls out during extraction. At least that is