Recent Posts

by drgary, Today, 2:29 am in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 18

Playing around with lattes

Interesting. You're adding acidity, fruit, some sweetness.
by Iso_Millenium, Today, 2:11 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7 Views: 107

Isomac Tea with Gicar NRL30 - wiring help?

Thanks homeburrero, this is extremely helpful. I'll enlist some help on this and hope to give a positive update in the coming weeks. Thanks!
by GW2K, Today, 1:55 am in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 372

Niche Zero: grind size mysteriously got much much finer

My grind setting have changed twice only after deep cleaning. Started out of the box at setting 18 for 17g ~> 34g out in 28 seconds 1st cleaning after 1 month caused my setting to increase to 21 to keep same output and time. 2nd cleaning i'm now at 25. I'm puzzled, but keep trying to figure out why.
by TomC, Today, 1:40 am in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 18

Playing around with lattes

I'm wondering if anyone has thought to add a splash of red wine into any random milk-based espresso drink? Not out of desperation but just out of curiosity. I made a latte with some slightly over-the-hill espresso blends i had on hand, and steamed some milk with them, for my wife's latte. But I'd already retired for the day of...
by chanty 77, Today, 12:31 am in Coffees
Replies: 41 Views: 724

Barrington Gold/Sermon whatever else is chocolatey/blueberry/caramel/nuts

Hi & thanks so much for that! I turn my Gaggia Classic on & let it heat for anywhere from 20 minutes to 25 minutes. I then flush water out of boiler briefly. Then if the ready light has been on a while before I"m ready to put my portafilter in & start the shot--I wait til the light goes...
by Chert, Today, 12:19 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 207

Development time of light roasts

Very well stated. I think this statement is true.
by K7, Today, 12:00 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 246

How capable are the preinfusion and profiling capabilities of a spring lever?

Maybe true if you dose triple (>18g) like many in the US do, but if you dose regular double (14g) and grind fine, I don't think you need a machine with special preinfusion capability. The problem for me with the Infuser is of temp consistency and lack of proper 14g baskets, which is why I moved on from the BBE...
by Gumption, Yesterday, 11:41 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 246

How capable are the preinfusion and profiling capabilities of a spring lever?

I also have the Profitec Pro 800. It has been an excellent machine and I'm very happy with it. The preinfusion techniques I use the most are pulling and leaving the lever all the way down for preinfusion at, I believe, tank pressure (about 1 bar) and, once I release the lever, holding it at about 10:00 (I believe that...
by bakafish, Yesterday, 11:19 pm in Grinders
Replies: 41 Views: 2995

Ditting K804 Lab Sweet burrs experience

The same as your espresso range with 18g light roasts in and 45g espresso out as the 01 is the real finest setting of the grinder, 7.8-8.3 for V60 pour over with 20g light roasts, 21% EY using Tetsu Kasuya's 46 method.
by randytsuch, Yesterday, 10:58 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 70

Measuring boiler and pump pressure

{image} This was a long time ago, over 10 years, there were fewer options at the time. I used a TC4 (intended for using for a coffee roaster) to read the thermocouple because I had one. Since I had extra inputs, I put one tc on the outside of the boiler, and one tc on the group head. Also has...