Recent Posts

by ActionMike, 2 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1745 Views: 207711

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Agreed, but centrifugal force can't be the only reason, because with the new declumper screen the problem is less pronounced. The workaround (stirring) helps though
by mwood77, Today, 4:20 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 337

DIY PID - Koffie Project

Thanks! - Blynk is an interesting option I hadn't come across, definitely something to consider/investigate when I migrate it to an ESP32. Right now the encoder is handled natively (position comparison). It's accurate, but it could be a touch smoother, if I'm honest. - Project currently uses a TMP36. Like you said, much less overhead, and very easy to code
by malling, Today, 3:59 am in Grinders
Replies: 209 Views: 46700

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

He is in fact more criticising the vibration and the effect it has, meaning they need to do something about it, vibration from grinders are really an annoyance. He actually say he likes the old school sound as it takes him down memory lane, but that it might be over the top for a home appliance.
by RobAnybody, Today, 3:10 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 67

Riviera leaking past piston seals

with a bit of luck (and maybe some swearing) you could fit something like this above the middle seal {link} it should provide you the extra mm. Hopefully the expansion of the seal due to the compression won't increase the resistance to much (the flexibility of the lip should takecare of that). With an O-ring you'll probably have to
by ak_brian, Today, 2:34 am in Grinders

Well I ordered one from Clive coffee today when I ordered my Synchronika. I'm nervous about all the potential issues but I wanted to give it a shot, as I really wanted a flat burr SD grinder that didn't require the missing the DF64 did. I seriously considered the P64 and may still go that way if this
by Giampiero, Today, 2:10 am in Grinders

I can't said much about this grinder due to i have not, but the last video ( from 10:37 to 10:47) it showed a clear "over vibration" that unless it's caused by a non well tighten silent blocks or under sized silent blocks, could be an unbalancing of some of the rotating parts, rotor, burr carrier or burr it self
by Ahmad H., Today, 1:52 am in Grinders
Replies: 714 Views: 69951

Weber Key Grinder

I heard that there are more than one brand of motor used for the key, and one type is weaker than the other and can cause stalling duo to motor weak torque? Not sure if true but one particular buyer was talking about it on Instagram that he got the weaker motor and it's causing issues with
by yakster, Today, 1:34 am in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 75

Blue Bottle coffee beans larger volume?

Coffee seeds to increase in size due to roasting but there's a bigger variation in size due to variety as shown here: {link} Coffee is also graded and sold based on screen size. (roasting the same size beans gives you better consistency) Of course it's not just the size of the beans that matters, but also the density
by RJB83, Today, 1:27 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11 Views: 360

Help! La Marzocco Linea Mini + Mazzer Major V + fresh beans = runny shots

I usually take a sip or two before throwing it in the sink or into a mug w/ steamed milk
by Yossi1818, Today, 1:10 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 113

Ponte Vecchio Portafilter Screen Logo

Very cool! Is this a vector file? Thanks