Recent Posts

by drgary, 5 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 118 Views: 4874

Restoration of a Faema Lambro

That looks great, Ryan! I toasted you this morning for being the newest member of Team HB. The coffee was Saka Gran Bar Top Selection pulled on my 1964 La Pavoni Europiccola. It was very tasty. {image}
by cafeIKE, 18 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 56

Relay to cut power to boiler when using pump and group solenoids?

You can "bodge up 220v" is you have two 120v outlets close by that are on opposite sides of the breaker panel.
by ira, 30 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Sorry, here's what all those letters stand for. Hopefully this will let you understand all the one's you come across. DPDT Double pole, double throw SPST Single pole single throw NO normally open NC normally closed
by baldheadracing, 31 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 29 Views: 891

Counter-clockwise hand grinder or burr?

420 is a stainless steel, and there seems to be some consumer preference for stainless steel. 420 can be hardened after machining, but I don't see them touting that. The 38mm-48mm (nominal) Italian, etc., conical burrs were commonly used in vending machines and commercial super-automatics so long life at relatively high RPM was desirable. (Many of these machines now use...
by MarkMcC, 31 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 35

Expobar Office Lever - Thermosiphon puzzlement

Thanks. I will see if I can pull that tube too. The top one wasn't too hard to do. One other experiment I tried prior to removing the restrictor was to see if I had water flow through both the ports at the E61 when running the pump. I removed the the mushroom and (while machine was COLD!) tried covering...
by DoctorTrombone, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

I'm refurbishing it for resale, and I don't want to get 220 service just to test this one machine. I'd also like to think that whoever buys it could use it in a coffee kiosk or other small venue that doesn't have 220 service. Tried the slo-blow, but it didn't do the trick. I guess I could just use a...
by Welshdog, 42 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3929 Views: 288852

Cafelat Robot User Experience

I feel I am a borderline super taster. Cilantro is okay in small amounts, but it is not something I crave. Most salsas recipes I prepare call for it and I leave it out.
by IamOiman, 45 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 118 Views: 4874

Restoration of a Faema Lambro

I think I cycled enough water through the boiler so I got ready for the inaugural shot. {image} {image} {image} {image} The shot looked a little squirty but it was GOOD, like shockingly good. I just used my grind setting for my Bosco with 15g of Saka Caffè Crema Bar. I swear this is the first shot!{video}{image}
by cgibsong002, 52 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 75

ECM Synchronika owners

Stopping in at Clive is what landed me here i was planning on getting a Bianca but it kind of looked and felt like a toy by comparison. Really happy i was lucky enough to get hands on with the machines. So I've got some rewards points and just looking for some feedback from owners on what upgrades, parts, or...
by harrisonpatm, 54 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 251

History of espresso grinders?

I agree, and what I mean is, after 50-100 years, they're gonna get moved around and dropped more so than a 10 year old grinder. Indeed, when I first started getting into coffee and modern equipment, I appreciated how the EK's design paid homage to the original electric coffee grinders. A great example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix...