Recent Posts

by DCoffee, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 1731 Views: 207239

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Once you have kids and/or animals, any need for perfection naturally goes out the window. I have both ;-0 To each their own. It's best effort for me on these types of things. It's really not a lot of effort to prevent a likely outcome that will occur over time on a very expensive piece of equipment. Like you
by ZebcoKid, 7 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3 Views: 53

Disappearing Milk During Latte Art Attempt

I'm using whole milk. What's so strange is I have a knack for this type of thing. I've watched tons of Lance Hedrick how to videos. Surprisingly elusive
by mikelipino, 9 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 88 Views: 4328

New 100g $89 "Popper" roaster at Sweet Maria's [VIDEO]

Reporting in because I'm getting some really nice roasts out of the Popper. On the left is an "orange bourbon dry processed from El Salvador" taken to City (13.4% weight loss). 5 days off roast, V60 has juicy brightness with a vanilla smooth body. Medium sweetness and herbal complexity expected from a dry processed bean. Fairly close to an
by ZebcoKid, 18 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 50

Question about the E61 head and pre-soaking...

I think that's a good way to think about it. Thank you. David
by chipman, 29 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 16

Mazzer 83mm burr part

Hi I may be violating the cross posting rule, but I had little success getting a response for my previous request. I have a new weber Works key grinder. I have lost the woodruff key that sets the Mazzer 83mm inner burr to the grinder shaft. I have searched high and low on the internet seeking this part with no
by drgary, 37 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 67 Views: 3362

1956 Gaggia Internazionale 1 Group

Ryan, Is it possible that at least the outer groove was used for a string gasket and could be filled with thin o-ring cord? Also, what if you were to use a layer of soft silicone gasket sheet that would compress and fill the gaps? I use it on one of my machines where I use a
by chanty 77, 42 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 337 Views: 51693

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

You didn't look like an idiot. I figured that's what you meant. The company will tell you that you can start pulling shots at 15 minutes once turned on, but all the research told me wait 20-25 minutes before starting first shot or the dummy shot. Thanks appreciate you brought this topic up. It helped refresh
by drgary, 44 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 53

"A&P" Hobart model 3240 Coffee Grinder (Info Wanted)

Since these are antiques, you may not find information on that exact model. If you use the Search function for "Hobart grinder," you'll come up with some results, even if you don't find that model. And for $20? You would at least have a nice display item. Maybe you can post photos to let the rest of us know about
by BaristaBoy E61, 48 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3 Views: 53

Disappearing Milk During Latte Art Attempt

What kind of milk are you using?
by mathof, 49 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 66 Views: 1905

IKAWA Home - profiles

I make the diameter of my roast chamber also to be around 90mm. The depth is about 110mm. Comparing the outer measurements of the whole machine to the published figures for the new machine, width (130mm) and depth ((240mm) seem to be the same, but the new one may be slightly taller. Mine is 305mm from table top to top