Recent posts

by stiantor
12 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 11
Views: 2161

First Upgrade: Breville Dual Boiler, Lelit Elizabeth, Profitec Pro 300 or Lelit Mara X (Europe)?

Hi. Im in the exact same situation as you - wanting to upgrade my Barista Pro to a dual boiler machine. I have been looking at Elizabeth and BDB. Really like the look of Elizabeth over the BDB, but the price is almost 20%higher here. Did you make a choice? What did you go for?
by docpotterywood
22 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 29
Views: 2289

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

@ Jeff - See OP. This thread is about drifting zero point on DF83. My post is a short term solution to this. Interestingly even Mythos commercial grinder has this issue. {link} A painful read but insightful --- {link}
Advertisement
by HB
30 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 231
Views: 23621

Green Coffee Exchange

If you're sending a message, please don't clutter this thread with an announcement "I've sent a message to you." Thanks
by malling
33 minutes ago

never mind
by malling
46 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 22
Views: 708

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

None of other things in your hotel room goes into your digestive tract unless you have poor hand hygiene, the problem I think your missing is that there heat resistance bacteria and spores, there some that can handle 120 degrees C bacteria that are found in peoples under garments. Electric kettles aren't made to sterilise meaning you can get potential
by francesco_ITA
54 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 23
Views: 847

Dull, flat flavour with V60 and 1Zpresso SP6

A quick update after putting into practice all the suggestions received. I brewed some Geisha beans, very light roasted (2/5 roast level), and other Ethiopian ones, also light roast. Water temperature 92 *C (197.6 F) soft water, grinding as fine as 3.4 to 3.6 on the SP, following Hoffman's 1 Cup V60 recipe. And indeed the results were
by TomC
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1
Views: 22

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

this is a good read if you haven't seen it already. "What's the best single basket."
by wendallsan
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 14
Views: 366

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Thanks! I'll absolutely pick up some fresh beans as you suggest for future efforts, this is encouraging!
by Jeff
1 hour ago

Maybe I missed something. Why are you intentionally heating up your grinder? Not only isn't it a commercial duty machine, but heating up burrs is known to be a problem
by ira
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 2
Views: 105

Moving to a flat burr grinder from Sette: what's the best option available in EU right now?

I was looking at the LifeX at the SCA show last week and was impressed by the burrs. Sadly I can tell you nothing about the quality of the grind or the grinder, but the guy in the booth was very passionate about it, far more than the average salesman in most other booths. I guess he had a hand