Recent Posts

by Giampiero, 15 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 24

E61 brew valve: indentations or no indentations?

I misunderstood the OP question, never mind, JRising is right.
by NicoNYC, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 64

Rancilio Silvia -> Profitec Pro 300 -> ?

It sounds like you're happy with the 300 except for steaming, have you looked at trying to improve its capability? Easiest would be to adjust the pressurestat to get higher pressure, or swapping steam wand tips. You'll still be limited in how long you can keep steam going with a smaller boiler, but you may be able to make it...
by KentuckyFriedCrypto, 22 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 0 Views: 1

Hario Switch on Hario V60 Drip Decanter

Hi there, Just wondering if it possible to remove the dripper from the decanter and use the switch on top instead. Aesthetics. TIA
by BeMitica, 30 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Interesting! So I suppose I can just plunk it in there and forget about this riddle
by JRising, 32 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 18

Lelit Anna 1 gets 9 bar with a blank filter but only 4 bar with coffee

Okay, So the machine works fine, it's capable of maintining flow at 10 Bar. Your coffee is the likely problem. Grind finer and/or dose more coffee into the basket. If that MDF can't be properly calibrated, use a different grinder. Or, start from the far end... Grind too finely and dose what you expect to want, perhaps 9g in a...
by NicoNYC, 35 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Since you say that you are grinding as fine as your MDF will allow, and tamping well, you could try increasing the dose by a gram or 2 if you have space above the puck. Also, sometimes single baskets are tricky because of the angled sides - do you have a double basket you could try an appropriate dose in?...
by vcasa, 35 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 110

Old Coffee

Just wanted to respond then I will move on. Shipping was not an issue the package came quickly. The roaster did not advertise roast to order but silly me I assumed this was the norm from small roasters. The roaster did respond and said that the coffee is shelved for a period of time prior to shipping. It is just...
by JRising, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

The indentations have no purpose at all once the valve is in the machine. I don't know why they're there, maybe they have some purpose in the machining process, maybe they're a measuring mark on the brass square rod from which the part is machined by some suppliers. Once in the machine, that mark is completely hidden down in the...
by ctrl-alt-mat, 38 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Super fresh and results are the same with differents beans
by olutheros, 39 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2028 Views: 143467

Greens Alert

I grabbed a pound but haven't roasted it yet. Appears to be the same coffee as {link}