Recent Posts

by yertchuk, less than a minute ago in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 10

Problems Grinding Decaf For Espresso

In my limited experience, you do have to grind finer for decaf. In my case, the Niche setting is 14 for Equator decaf, and anything from 17 to 20 for other medium roast beans
by MarRxK, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Expobar Brewtus Steam Overpressure

Hello. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've had my Office Leva Dual Boiler for 10+ years. Apart from a few LED segments missing on PID display, it has been rock-solid (NB: blank PID segments pre-date the about-to-be-described problem by a few years). The problem: Recently, the steam pressure rapidly increases to > 2 Barr within a few minutes of startup. The...
by Jshot, 9 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 497 Views: 44407

Weber Key Grinder

Also, I don't think he was particularly fond of a $1500 manual grinder. Admittedly not his thing. I think the Key will be a more involved review.
by IamOiman, 17 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 130 Views: 5172

Restoration of a Faema Lambro

I found that out by playing around with the soldering irons I had My MAP Pro torch is adjustable to have a small focused flame, I just have one more 'novice' question: is it preferable to have the Lambro on its side so the joint is pointing upwards or can I simply do the job with the Lambro in its...
by jpender, 19 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 89

Changes coming to USPS

------------------------------------------------ The planned price changes include: Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground and USPS Retail Ground: $0.75 increase for PM and PME Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes. $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs. $0.75 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs. ------------------------------------------------ {link}
by JB90068, 29 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 8

Replacement water filter for Bestmax

Try Voltage Coffee in Colorado. {link}
by JB90068, 44 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 10

Problems Grinding Decaf For Espresso

Just bought my first pound of medium roast decaf beans from my favorite local roaster a few days ago. It looks very similar in color and weight to the caffeinated roast that I always buy from them. Based on that, I weighed out 18 gr and single dosed it through my grinder looking for a 1:2 ratio. Not sure why...
by Tonito, 50 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 8

Replacement water filter for Bestmax

Hi Coffee lovers With my espresso machine iam feeding it water through a Bestmax filter. I am having a hard time finding a Bestmax direct replacement water filter. Does anyone know of a filter that will fit the Bestmax system without me having to replace the whole set up. I bought everything from W L L but they have had...
by LidoGirl, 54 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 67 Views: 1821

Gene Cafe to Ikawa Home Roaster

Thanks everyone, I am loving the Pro and appreciate all the advice on roast profiles from the app and suggestions on where to buy better beans, etc. To answer the grinder question, I am using a Lido 3 . Also, has anyone with the Pro experienced a rattle during the cool down cycle? I know, it is probably the beans,...
by rmongiovi, 55 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 10 Views: 266

SSP burr installation for EK43S inside/outside burr ?

No. But then I haven't tried to answer a question and been accused of rumors and innuendo before either. So there's a first time for everything.