Recent posts

by Jimmy_The_Saint
10 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 11
Views: 338

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I have a love/hate relationship with the LM convex tamper which is my daily driver. They simultaneous managed to make the best convex base with probably the worst handle ever
by woytovich
25 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 170

La Peppina drip tray needed

Tried Orphan and Coffee_sensor - no luck at either
Advertisement
by JRising
32 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 97

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

I don't understand what you're saying... I don't see anything that indicates a problem, in what you'e described. I don't think Boiler pressure (about 1.2 Bar) would ever leak into the heat exchanger (3 Bar to 10 Bar), leaks would go from high pressure to low. However, if the check valve was in backward and allowed absolutely zero flow
by another_jim
35 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 158

La Marzocco Swan

I'm puzzled how burr rotations can predict grind weight unless the number of beans fed into the burr at each rotation remains equal. This would seem to require a highly constant weight of beans in the hopper. It seems a long way away from single dosing territory
by Endrusacos
36 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2
Views: 92

Light roasts right grind size > slow flow problem

Thank you very much for your input. I am mostly using my DF83 with a couple of camperista mods and the SSP HU Burrs and I am slow feeding the beans. I fergot to mention it but I tryed the longer pulls as well, even 1:5 and I have to say not only the body and crema almost
by Primacog
44 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 158

La Marzocco Swan

Thanks Greg for the review. How do you think that the pico compares to it in terms of the features that you consider in the swan to elevate it as a grinder?
by justinm11
45 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 145
Views: 11300

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Please let us know how this batch turns out. I loved my first bag that was roasted in early March. Hoping that the more recent ones are back up to the original quality
by spike
46 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 6
Views: 496

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

The Quickmill range under $1000 doesn't seem to have much presence in the US but it's very common here in Europe
by maccompatible
46 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 28

[FS] Orphan Espresso Lido E

For sale is a lightly used Lido E from orphan espresso. I bought it late 2018, and primarily used it while traveling. Probably only seen 5 or 10kg of coffee over this time. The only issue is the rubber grip was lost during our last move, but it's still fully functional and a replacement can be bought for only $7.50