Recent Posts

by vit, Today, 6:03 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 20 Views: 350

La Pavoni Europiccola 2021 - Bypassing the pressurestat

Part of that energy will be used to heat the kitchen as well ... on the other side, part of the energy will come from cooling of the remaining water in the boiler while pressure is decreasing (which will usually happen). For instance, cooling 0.5 kg of water by 10°C will give around 10 kJ, so even with heater off
by Grrr, Today, 4:38 am in Grinders
Replies: 1350 Views: 135070

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

My hopper is dead thanks to the rats. Any idea where I can find a replacement in EU? (Homebarista.be is out of stock) {image}
by BodieZoffa, Today, 4:22 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 75

Profitec Pro 300 vs Rancilio Silvia Pro/Pro X

I have the Silvia Pro and find it to be exactly what I want/expect in a machine. Build quality/components used is top notch to last indefinitely and it's a very solid performer in the demitasse time and time again. Recovery between back-back extractions is quite fast and mine has been flawless for going on 1 year now, averaging 6-7 doubles
by GDM528, Today, 3:54 am in Grinders
Replies: 98 Views: 5777

Hacking the DF64 exit chute

Sorry to hear about the clogging issue, especially having to dismantle it. The curvature of the exit chute allows a stick/probe to reach all the way to the burrs, so it's pretty remarkable that the coffee grounds would pack so firmly that a sharp toothpick can't break down the clog. Do you recall where the center of the
by mangoie, Today, 3:51 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7 Views: 150

Breville dual boiler - heavy water flow

Hey, that first burst of water is something I have too on my bes900, so could be normal? (my machine is also acting a little weird) One test you could do is measure how much water your pump outputs per minute through the grouphead. Without preinfusion should be about 460ml/minute. Sometimes the o-rings go bad under te solenoid valve
by LittleCoffee, Today, 3:32 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 24 Views: 564

E61 Preinfusion

Woweee! What a thread! I love how both are right, just depends which part of the shot you're talking about As with all things espresso I'll bring it back to "yes but how does it taste?" The original question was "is this a thing?" And on my Reservoir fed E61 with group manometer
by ira, Today, 3:21 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 43 Views: 515

Which side is the top on this heating element?

I could get my hand or something to scrape with in the heater hole
by gobucks, Today, 2:48 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 75

Profitec Pro 300 vs Rancilio Silvia Pro/Pro X

Yeah it looks pretty similar to the "bloom" preinfusion mode on the Elizabeth. Letting some water bloom in the puck is better than nothing, but not as good as the steam preinfusion mode on the Elizabeth, or the line pressure preinfusion on plumbed in machines. I'd prefer the more flexible preinfusion on the Elizabeth (obv, since I own
by 999mor, Today, 2:15 am in Grinders
Replies: 98 Views: 5777

Hacking the DF64 exit chute

Update on my current situation. I have ssp red speed for espresso. I have printed in 0.05 and covered in clear coated. After less then half kg, the chute got completely blocked that couldn't be released without dismantling the hoal chute and burrs. Thought it was because of the clear coat, so printed again and did not covered the new
by Howard Alan Treesong, Today, 1:57 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1407 Views: 127511

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

Many thanks. There has been concern about using the hot water dispenser for tea, as obviously it comes from the steam boiler rather than the brew boiler, but in your case, with so much through-put, the concerns don't eventuate