Recent posts

by Cgr86
10 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 34
Views: 5093

Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder

Their website says it's designed for modern light roasts if that helps in any way
by Blernsball
11 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 195

La Peppina drip tray needed

When I had one I looked around too. Mine was fine, but flaking. I thought to maybe get one machined or cut out of brass, then nickel plating it. But seemed much too expensive. One place to try would be ipoktala on instagram. They make other aftermarket parts for the peppina. I bought a tamper and
Advertisement
by mgrayson
34 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 210

ACS lever safety system

That makes sense. I wonder how it is demonstrated in the above videos. I guess the water is running. I'll try it and see
by Steffche
41 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1394
Views: 192431

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

[img][img]{link}[/img] {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} [/img]
by Steffche
44 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1394
Views: 192431

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Hey Pete, I have it little tap and still bubbles, so I removed it to inspect, didn't see anything out of the ordinary? I did post a video of it and the gurgling bubbles travelling through the hoses. {video}{video}The annoying thing is it still produces a great coffee, I just need to preinfuse a little longer until water starts
by Amberale
48 minutes ago

ACS lever safety system

The safety system only works if the group is full of water. If you pull the lever with no portafilter and release it the safety system can't work as it requires water in the group for back pressure IIRC. It is designed to work if a portafilter is not inserted fully and falls out during extraction. At least that is
by nemesiss45
54 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 10
Views: 175

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Right, but steam has a certain temperature at a certain pressure... if you compress steam more it increases the boiling point of the water in the boiler... to get a higher pressure, you need more heat to boil more water. The vapor pressure of steam is tied to the temperature... so at 1.5 bar, you get about 262 degrees. It
by exidrion
58 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 15
Views: 385

Got a new style Marzocco single basket - should I replace?

I used to WDT to get picture perfect pours - but with the grinders I have and how small the basket is, I just grind directly into the basket with the funnel on, shake back and fork and tap a few times and I'm good to go. Certainly not as pretty but I don't notice a difference in taste
by mgrayson
1 hour ago

ACS lever safety system

My EVO Leva arrived and it's lovely, but the safety system doesn't engage. The lever just comes up very hard and fast and makes a loud bang at the top. The shower screen has the screw in it... Am I missing a setup step? Matt
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 62

Hopper fed grinder

A new Eureka Mignon or used Super Jolly would fit your needs and budget pretty perfectly. You'll also enjoy the purring quiet