Recent posts

by hankbates
5 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 112

Help with Livia 90 Giemme R.L.3 SONDE repair

How bad is your reservoir? I have an extra one that doesn't leak except for a dribble through the working filter and valve. It does have a bunch of visible cracks radiating from the mounting holes for the valve and electrical tab At $15 plus shipping buying a good one from mp is probably a better option
by mrgnomer
10 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 8
Views: 155

Hopper fed grinder

I used a Ceado E37J for a couple years. The stock 64mm burrs ground a good extraction. Better than the Macap M4 it replaced. SSP HU burrs I tried out didn't work well with it. Didn't fit well and gummed up regularly. The slide grind adjustment was really stiff. I think it had to
Advertisement
by kidloco
14 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 4

49mm portafilter with Versalab/Hedone?

Hello, I was wondering what the best practice is for using a Versalab/Hedone style portafilter holder with smaller than 58mm portafilters. I have Hedone Honne and new Cremina on the way, so I'm thinking there must be more people in similar situation?
by Cuprajake
15 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 53
Views: 3239

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

can i recommend: lighter roast 92/98 5s infusion at 2 bar remove the cup at 17gin/43g out med/dark 90/96 infusion 5s at 2 bars remove cup at 17g in 34g out after that there really isnt much you need to do, the evo extracts great,so anything you know of any non evo lever, dont
by EddyQ
19 minutes ago
Views: 132

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

As John says, this Haynes Lubri-Film Plus is a petroleum (mineral oil) based lubricant. It likely is safe for use on the Flair silicone seals, but won't last due to becoming very thin at the high operating temperatures. As John says, it is not safe for use on black rubber, EPDM, Butyl or Buna orings or seals.
by ShotClock
30 minutes ago

Just to add - basic videos on operation and maintenance would be greatly appreciated Dave, no matter how basic
by GregoryJ
31 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 37
Views: 5321

Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder

Are you thinking $389?
by ShotClock
32 minutes ago

My machine is also up and running. It arrived with couple of minor blemishes to the powder coat, but nothing like Matt's machine fortunately - certainly small enough that I won't bother ACS with them. My guess is that the machine jiggles on the rubber mounts that bolt it to the crate, and this can cause some impact effects if
by JRising
37 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2249
Views: 221965

Lelit Bianca User Experience

Teflon tape would be fine
by EddyQ
43 minutes ago
Views: 132

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

It seems everyone but me has had great luck with Molykote 111 which is a NSF H1 food certified, NLGI grade 3-4 silicone based Silica thickened grease on silicone piston seals. It worked fine for me on the black rubber seals, but when I switched (many years ago) to Cafelat Blue silicone seals the problems began. The seals