Recent posts

by JRising
3 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 61

Boilergate question

Why not ask them. You'll want to explain the situation in a lot more depth, perhaps include whether or not the machine is less than a year old from date of original sale, and why it needs a new boiler. {link}
by JRising
6 minutes ago
Views: 22

E61 overpressure during backflushing

Sounds totally normal to me. Normally the pressure in the brew circuit is limited by the pump which bypasses output at 9 bar (or wherever it's set) and the OPV which will relieve pressure in the brew boiler when the expansion due to heat brings the pressure to 12 bar. If you close off the exit from the brew
Advertisement
by ojt
9 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 5
Views: 168

Have owned a La Pavoni Professional for over a year... need decent grinder.

At that price range, another vote for a hand grinder. For the lower end consider Kingrinder (on Amazon I think, K series) which people seem to appreciate. A bit up from there you start having OE Lido, 1zpresso (J, K, whatever). Then Comandante / Kinu / Pietro. Hand cranking really doesn't bring much extra hassle to La Pavoni routine
by JRising
14 minutes ago
Replies: 10
Views: 67

Brasilia Club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

It could just be expansion pressure of the boiler is allowing the pressure to exceed what the gasket can withstand. I'm not familiar with a machine of that type (Faema Family, Imat Professional, ECM CasaV, Proftec Pro 500, etc) that doesn't have some sort of OPV working as an expansion valve. If you let it heat with the steam valve
by ojt
17 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Views: 20

Dak natural coffees - brew approaches?

Depends, maybe try dropping the ratio to 1:15 or so, or perhaps make a long bloom + one pour a bit like what Lance did in the latest video. A declining temperature profile might also help. It really depends on what your after. As a reference I just recently finished a bag of Kawa anaerobic natural that was quite
by vit
22 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 13
Views: 334

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

I'm using small glass jars (1-2 dl) for freezer, they seal well, ATM I still have one jar from september and it's ok. Didn't work in the fridge - coffee got stale a few days after it got stale in the bag outside the fridge
by arkiebob
28 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 13

VBM Domobar Super or La Marzocco Linea Micra

I haven't gotten to see a Domobar, but it sounds interesting. If you're interested in flow profiling, why not take a look at the Sanremo You? It has some pretty cool features such as the ability to manually profile a shot with the paddle, then it can replicate that shot for you digitally. I also think its
by nudistbarista
41 minutes ago
Replies: 130
Views: 9925

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Thanks for this recommendation! This is my first time ordering from compass and I'm very impressed. I'm getting prominent berry flavors in my pour over and espresso. To my palate, the dominant flavor is fermented/overripe strawberry rather than 'blueberry muffin' but there is definitely blueberry and other jammy flavors coming through. Excited to see how it develops over the next
by Elemsee
46 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 0
Views: 4

Philly / PA coffee events / meet-ups?

Anyone know of any coffee classes / tasting events / meetups that happen around the Philadelphia area? Would love to attend something
by Elemsee
48 minutes ago
Views: 20

Dak natural coffees - brew approaches?

Hi everyone - curious how you've approached Dak (or similarly light roasted) natural / more processed coffees? Typically , my approached with washed coffees is boiling water, medium fine grind, 15:250 ratio, 3 pours including a bloom. Will more processed coffees benefit from an alternate approach, even if they are very lightly roasted? (Ex substantial temp drop