Recent posts

by INIT6
less than a minute ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 4
Views: 27

Turin/MiiCoffee DF54 Burr Binding Problem?

Interesting....first I'm hearing about adjusting the grind while the motor is running but I'll give it a try
by RapidCoffee
6 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 83

Thought on this theoretical pressure profile?

Yes, that is a typical spring lever pressure profile. Variations on this theme have been my go-to on the Decent since day one. {image} Example: preinfuse at 6ml/s, raise pressure to 9 bar, then smooth decline to 6 bar over 35s
Advertisement
by baldheadracing
7 minutes ago
Replies: 3

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

Just my experience, but I had the dimmer mod and removed it as I found it unpredictable when actually pulling a shot. I ended up with three settings with the dimmer - max on, min on, and somewhere in between - but even then I could not get a repeatable pre-infusion pressure (again, when actually pulling shots - I did
by Idahopat
11 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 17
Views: 293

Pasquini Livia 90 high brew pressure and valve leaking

I've completed the Hank Bates Pasquini conversion! I'm sicker than a dog so not going to waste any shots since I can't taste anything. What steam pressure do you keep your Pasquini running at? I'm going to start with 1 to 1.2 bar and adjust from there based on taste, once I have some. I've made
by Mike-R
14 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 37
Views: 1032

Latte Art Diagnosis

Indirectly, yes. To state it more directly, I would say that the purpose of the push is to create a forward stream on the surface, and the purpose of the forward stream is to make room for the ripples to come. As Emilee explains in her video, there are other ways to create a forward stream that also
by GFride
26 minutes ago
Replies: 6
Views: 327

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

I did not have great success with the cast V2 burrs. I experienced frequent stalls and the manufacturer of my grinder (Acaia) recommended against using them for espresso. I am currently using the cast V3 and they seem much better suited to espresso. I'm still fairly close to the touch point after switching to a Weber Unifilter
by pizzaman383
33 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 83

Thought on this theoretical pressure profile?

You might want to compare this profile to those captured using the smart espresso profiler from other spring lever espresso groups
by maccompatible
36 minutes ago

Risky? It's a widely accepted practice that I'd wager nearly everyone on this forum does. I also didn't see anything on the thread you linked about risk to grinding finer while the motor spins
by homeburrero
42 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 33
Views: 768

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

^^^^ Excellent way to do concentrates. The revised Barista Hustle recipes also use this 1000 ppm as CaCO3 strength for both concentrates. Makes it all so easy -- add 20 ml of concentrate to make 1 liter and you have added 20 ppm as CaCO3 to your GH or KH. Note that where these recipes
by INIT6
50 minutes ago

Oof I'm sure that'd work but that seems risky! "Making adjustments to grind setting while motor is running"