Recent posts

by Grande
21 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 5

Lelit Bianca sudden event and issue

Pulled a shot and steamed milk for a latte. All functioned fine and results were perfect. Steam pressure good. Grouphead pressure good at the gauge. Boiler temp. good. Minutes later while making 2nd Latte, grouphead pressure dropped amid pull, steam pressure dropped and steam and water filled the drip tray under pressure through the little spout (I don't know
by NelisB
23 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 127
Views: 9764

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

{image}
Advertisement
by JRising
30 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 13

Brasilia club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

Sounds like the boiler's probably warped. Un-even tension on the screws is allowing it to separate enough for the gasket to herniate. I would assume it's not worth fixing, but if you can find a perfect condition boiler, it's your call
by bznelson91
32 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 8
Views: 259

Filter 2.1 brewing (Decent DE1)

The basket used with the V60 is for "Filter 1.x" and Scott Rao largely moved on to the 2.x style because of inconsistency. There's a YouTube or other video of Rao himself doing a Filter 2.1 brew, I'll see if I can find it. Give it a try, though! The description on the DE1 guides you as to what
by coffeeOnTheBrain
37 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 205
Views: 26401

Pietro by Fiorenzato - vertical flat-burr manual grinders

Really? My EK doesn't to that to that degree. It doesn't take as long to accumulate as with my EK and it is not fine powder as with my EK. I'll take a picture when I get a weeks worth of grinding in there (I just cleaned it)
by vit
40 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 229

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

Consider freezing it
by cafeIKE
1 hour ago
Replies: 8
Views: 106

Long startup - Vibiemme Domobar Super

It could be the boiler fill solenoid. If it's not opening fully or clogged somehow it would slow both the open group and boiler fill rates. Or it could be a low flow rate on the pump. If you got some dirt or growth in the water tank, it could clog the inlet screen. Or if there is
by scrooge
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 64

Help me figure out this model Astoria Argenta - AEP/2N

thanks for the reply.. after I scrolled to the side of the + block that I circled in the second photo, the pressure increased to 1.7 bar.. Is that a lot? at the same time, the temperature of the coffee comes out about 60 - 70 degrees...I usually wait about 25 minutes and the pressure becomes 1-1.5 bar.. I start
by lassepavoni
2 hours ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 229

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

That's for sure. I don't drink a lot of coffee though, and would have to discard the bigger part of each bag of fresh beans. That'd be pretty wasteful, and luckily I prefer the cup of "stale joe" instead. Not sure the beans are really stale, actually... they certainly don't taste as off as i.e. rancid butter does
by Giampiero
2 hours ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 64

Help me figure out this model Astoria Argenta - AEP/2N

In the first photo, you circled the ball valve that open the circuit for the automatic boiler refill, in brief that ball valve is between the automatic refill solenoid valve and the boiler, so if you must keep in that position OPEN. If i recall well that model as many, should be set at max boiler pressure 0,9/1,1 bar