Recent Posts

by Nunas, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 31

Gaggia Classic Pro + Baratza Sette 30 or Breville BES870XL Barista Express

^^^ This! Plus, when the grinder fails, and it likely will, you need to send the whole machine in for warranty service.
by Nunas, 6 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 162

Infrequent detergent backflushes - ok? (E61)

I now do a chem backflush no more often than once a month. Every week or two would be more appropriate; I used to do it like this and always got some brown flushed out. But I also often ended up with a squeaky lever. IMO, every time one does a chem backflush, one should remove the cam assembly and...
by blutch, 16 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 8 Views: 171

Pulled 100 espressos so far - I have questions

Yes, I've read multiple posts about that. It's just a pain to have to rinse it every time. Otherwise, it's a huge mess and my coffee bar is not outfitted yet with a rinser.
by Jeff, 23 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 162

Infrequent detergent backflushes - ok? (E61)

The "problem" is that, on most machines, the brew path and the exhaust path are shared. This means your brew water can pick up whatever remains from the last shots. On an E61, pulling a couple shots a day, I ended up doing a flush with Cafiza every week or two. The color of the exhaust water told me that...
by Jeff, 27 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

Soupy pucks are ugly, but I haven't seen any convincing evidence that they are bad. There are a lot of theories, but nothing that has seemed strong and supportable to me over a range of machines and conditions. I think the group geometry and the mechanics of the group's exhaust path have something to do with it.
by Roco2019, 32 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 50 Views: 2384

Your Coffee Your Images

Stunning shot of that bottomless pro2.
by baldheadracing, 35 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

They're called knockboxes for a reason . I should have added, there's no need to buy an Espazzola either. A (cotton, not microfibre) cloth does just as well.
by cebseb, 38 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 39

Looking for Discord Servers for Pressure Profiling and advanced Espresso Stuff

Greetings Sebastian! Sebastian here as well. This fits the bill. We have quite a few other Germany based users as well. {link} I'll see you there! Cheers.
by jackdaddy, 45 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 153

La Pavoni Grouphead Upgrade

Happy to help, Marcelo. Here is a link to the PF and basket I have from the place I ordered it: {link} I doubt it will be of any help, but maybe you can compare the depth of the basket with the one you are thinking about getting. Maybe someone here can identify which one it is. The basket's ID...
by shayner, Today, 2:04 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 43

Used Aurora Milano grinder - any info on burrs?

{link}