Recent Posts

by F9zSlavik, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 2

Bought a La Cimbali DT/1 2013 on ebay, UPS damaged it

I haven't received the product, long story short, was shipped on the 19, lost for 3 days, rushed to get to San Diego from the other side of the country, was due for delivery on the 26, and while out for delivery, it was sent back to the warehouse due to the package being damaged. They were going to review
by iploya, 21 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 19 Views: 603

How to properly season new Monolith grinders

I'm in this camp. How many of us would gladly pay another $100 or even $150 for a "burr seasoning service" when selecting customization options on a $2k grinder? Probably most of us. (I picked up 12 lbs of stale Starbucks beans on eBay to supplement the roughly 10-12 lbs I have put through the MC4 so far. I
by Maggiekw, 26 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 5 Views: 242

I think I really need to improve my puck prep

I use almost the same wdt tool. The lever craft looks great, but for me the one you linked is working just fine. I can not see that the lever craft tool will do a better job
by GDM528, 29 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 202

Bean flow restrictor for DF64

I've been using the bean flow restrictor for about a week now, and I've had to make further adjustments to the grind settings to get my espresso shots back on track. I was getting consistent channeling effects until I moved to a finer grind setting - kinda opposite from typical guidance. I theorize that a lightly
by Nunas, 33 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 108

Time to Upgrade Roaster?

Hi, I've been exactly where you're at. I had a Freshroast, which I had to run four times in a row, about once a week, to do enough coffee to last us a week to ten days. So, I bought another Freshroast that I ran at the same time; I had to do at least two back-to-back roasts a week
by GDM528, 51 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 202

Bean flow restrictor for DF64

I remember that post! It was you and many other posters on that massive DF64 thread that convinced me that the DF64 is well suited to aftermarket hacking that can turn it into a pretty decent grinder. However, I don't get why anti-popcorning is so popular. The lid on the bellows is 100% effective, and I replaced
by IamOiman, Today, 3:23 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 153

Bezzera Family Restoration

nice I am waiting for my Cremina pf gasket to see if I can end up with the same result. It's good to see visually that the old MCAL seals do in fact fit
by boren, Today, 3:22 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 553 Views: 43336

Flair 58

There's no zen when hosting
by renatoa, Today, 3:17 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 553 Views: 43336

Flair 58

Where is the zen in using a lever if we we are against the clock
by ojaw, Today, 3:11 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4327 Views: 328986

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Yah I have one of those on standby, if this one stops working I'll order another, for safetys sake