Recent posts

by Cranked
8 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 3
Views: 29

Hopper fed grinder

Probably should stay under $700. I'm not overly concerned about retention unless we're talking about 5+ grams. The first dose in the morning doesn't need to be perfect
by EddyQ
22 minutes ago
Replies: 29
Views: 1306

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

I'm very certain that this isn't very challenging or even difficult for a good design engineer with decent tools to analyze the system. It boggles my mind why a truly temperature stable machine isn't available. PIDs and computing isn't expensive these days. IMO controlling temperature of a group that holds enough water for a single shot should
Advertisement
by BaristaBoy E61
28 minutes ago

Hopper fed grinder

2nd hand Mahlkonig K30 Vario might be a reasonable choice. Be aware that most hopper feed grinders will have at least some retention
by BaristaBoy E61
34 minutes ago
Replies: 15
Views: 451

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Is the OP interested in direct plumbing & draining of their machine? How about installing dedicated 120vac & 240vac circuits to service this setup? What about a grinder? Probably a LM Micra might be the next logical step at this point in their travels, providing funds are available
by JordanK
44 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 4
Views: 175

Espresso coffee comes out worse than before.

I agree with others, stale coffee is most likely explanation here. Freshly roasted coffee directly from the roaster, whether local or by mail, is 100% a worthwhile investment!
by JordanK
48 minutes ago

Hopper fed grinder

Budget range?
by JordanK
54 minutes ago

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Good, it is. Perfectly consistent, it is not. Others have observed this back to back effect with the Zero here. Not saying it is the culprit, just that it is worth checking and confirming first
by freditoj
59 minutes ago

Niche zero is what I have, I thought it was a good grinder. It has about a 2 minute rest betweent grinds
by krby
1 hour ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 2
Views: 134

Are the Weber polymer bean cellars dishwasher safe?

I reached out to support at Weber. Official answer is no to both the tube and the top
by AdubKW
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 605

La Marzocco Linea Micra auto standby stopped working

Recieved my Micra yesterday. Pull some espresso yesterday. Set up standby mode and machine will not power on. I've tried the move paddle to dispense and it still wont turn on. Ive tried turning the switch off and on and unplugging it. The app shows the machine is not connected. I can't access the machine via the