Recent posts

by sosha
less than a minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 2

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

I LOVE the Argos lever, but I have trouble with the boiler cap (thank you, a lifetime of working with my hands) due to creeping arthritis. Ross kindly sent me a spare boiler cap, so I can think about/make modifications. Since the cap only turns 1/2 turn, I'm thinking about some sort of adaptive ring
by mkane
1 minute ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1
Views: 7

Advice on downgrading Behmor 2000ab to Whirley Pop

A pound in a Behmor is asking alot. Using a Whirley pop your at the mercy of the beans. Don't walk away its totally hands on
Advertisement
by just4kickz
8 minutes ago
Replies: 44
Views: 1689

ACS waiting times

Looks like you guys will be getting your machines soon. Hopefully I get mine soon as well. Ordered it in late November. Paid the full amount first week of January
by pizzaman383
10 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 157

Thought on this theoretical pressure profile?

I have the same group that the pro800 uses. I have used it with two springs, one spring, and manual lever configuration (I made a direct-lever conversion). For the coffees I prefer (decaf classic Italian espresso) I like the single spring configuration best. My point is that type of coffee and preference might mean different profiles are
by rbh1515
11 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 6

What's your view when you make espresso?

{image} Here's mine....Lake Michigan
by jpender
12 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 26
Views: 708

Caffeine break

That place with the very generic company name sells **13** different decaf coffees! Plus a number of different unroasted decaf beans
by LBIespresso
12 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 56
Views: 2679

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

When my Kafatek showed up on my door UPS had banged it up pretty good. They even got rid of the Kafatek box and used a UPS box and newspaper for the last mile so it was pretty bad. That same day Kafatek shipped me a new grinder and sent me a shipping slip to send back the old one
by BodieZoffa
16 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 56
Views: 2679

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

Valid points IF either Weber was new to the game as growing pains/beta testing issues are to be expected. Definitely should have things fine tuned by now. Also gets annoying when the 'specialty' manufacturers are rarely blamed as most gets placed on the end user. Will no longer add to the conversation and glad I don't buy into the hype
by jpender
17 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Views: 11

What are they doing here?

I saw this in a video in the "about us" section of a coffee roaster website: {image} Is this how you "cup" green coffee?
by Dev
18 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 319

Steam Tip Dial, Cheap

Thanks for the link and the advice on steaming. My steam wand in a slight angle I time it to keep the heating element on the boil. However I found with the dial opened half way is a lot more forgiving that even if I do not time it, it still produces more than enough pressure