Recent Posts

by FotonDrv, 7 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7527 Views: 1206277

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

oneandone, that is a very nice setup but man, its waaaay to clean! I will have to rush to the kitchen and start scrubbing!
by icrashbikes, 16 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 114

Rancilio Silvia spitting out some black specks

I appreciate your help. Everything looks good so far so I'll let it be.
by Peter Venkman, 29 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 27 Views: 555

Need help fixing espresso that I THINK is over extracted

I really feel like your problem is puck prep. You think at first it's over extracted when it's in fact under extracted. Easy to confuse sour and bitter. But the dry mouth feel is the best indication to me that you are over extracting if you have doubts. Your machine is a really capable machine, but before doubting it, look...
by Ypuh, 29 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 27 Views: 1624

Eureka Helios 80 - manufacturer defect

All Eureka's I've had so far (Specialita, Mignon XL) have had minor issues. No surprise that the brand-new Helios has some as well. I wouldn't discount the brand. They offer by far the best performance-to-price ratio and the overall quality of their products is good. They are however a 'Made in Italy' brand that has its quirks. Some call it...
by HedonisticBeans, Today, 6:47 am in Grinders

For sake of brevity. There's a thin clump crusher right at where the chamber meets the chute. My clump crusher was pushed outwards and upwards - essentially leaving the unit without a crusher. Take a look at it. It should be 100% vertical and not slanted towards the chute.
by HB, Today, 6:45 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 149

No brew pressure in espresso machine.

FYI, I merged your new thread with your prior one on essentially the same problem. As for the brew pressure at 7 bar, I recommend closer to 9 bar for better crema and body. I'm not sure what kind of pump your machine has; based on my searches, it is probably a vibratory pump. Adjustment is covered for both types...
by Peter Venkman, Today, 6:40 am in Grinders

Just a little over a month ago. I'm planning on opening it up over the week end. You can make sure i will post again here with my findings / pictures and the date if i can find it. My feeling is that this unit is gen 1. The retailer i bought it from doesn't have any reviews for it....
by Raglo, Today, 6:14 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 30

Flair 58 dead spots in the basket

I'm pulling shots with the Flair 58 and an IMS 18g basket. The puck is very carefully prepped with WDT and I'm using a levering tamper so there's no issues with an uneven tamp. Now my shots start out perfectly, the entire basket fills up evenly and comes together into a single stream fairly quickly but at about 10 -...
by orbarya, Today, 5:51 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 302

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - Very long time before water comes out of grouphead

Very good I will order this kit as well! thanks for the help homeburrero and Jeff! What recommended videos are there that explain how to replace the valves and gaskets and everything else I am ordering? is this one a good option? I basically have no knowledge of the e61 group head structure and how it works but I'm eager...
by malling, Today, 5:06 am in Grinders
Replies: 175 Views: 41771

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

It cost exactly the same in my region as the XL and Oro SD both is €600-650 included vat this is from official reseller and not dusky companies like ECS.