Recent posts

by mkane
6 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 20
Views: 640

Highest chance of success - roasters

Theres a few tips out there which helped our roasting experience. Don't micro manage the roast. Good beans know what to do. Give em' enough heat and your on your way. Every roasting machine has a sweet spot. Find it and don't make it do what it doesn't want to. Use your eyes, ears and nose to
by seanyg
11 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 21

Breville Barista Express Impress Burr

Does your outer burr have the groove in like this one: {link} if so then i believe you have the newer baratza 6 pointed inner burr
Advertisement
by lemmycaution217
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

Hi All - I recently purchased a Bezzera Strega TOP, which I am so far loving. I wanted to check the PI and brew pressure and to see how they ramp and decline. I also wanted to verify what pressure the OPV is actually set to. The dealer told me 15 bar, while I've read 11bar elsewhere
by stavros
29 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 25
Views: 2643

Lance Hedrick's Odyssey Argos review

I really like this machine. Fast heating and simplicity is important for me. I have a flair 58 and i am happy with it but i miss milk drinks as i dont like solutions such as bellman and subminimal. This offers also steaming capabilty and it definitely suits to my needs combining with the flair for longer ratio shots where
by fizzygizmo
39 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 111
Views: 1721

La Marzocco Linea Mini Vibration Solution Ideas

Just wanted to say thanks to @Jaroslav for all the work here. For any other UK based people who are interested in this modification, I've been able to source both the Sorbothane Stud Mounts and Washers from gelmec.co.uk. They have a minimum order of £25 and shipping is quite expensive so all in all it cost me £36.11+vat for 2
by fmm
46 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 50
Views: 2674

Mazzer Philos Comments

I'm aware that the marker test is not a catch all, but it's a bare minimum expectation which many of the grinders I've owned this far have failed (including ones from well known manufacturers). I don't think I'm underestimating Mazzer, I'll probably be buying the Philos from day 1 if they don't stray too far away from the advertised 1k
by Ben N
47 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 206

Rio Lisa Junior

I did the PID install today, thanks to @sar5w for the info. I was going to cut threads in the boiler for the RTD his method is to relocate the vac breaker to the sight glass which made more sense. Spoiler: The PID I had sitting on my shelf appears to have a bad output (probably why it
by FlyingTrotter
48 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 244
Views: 38814

Zerno grinder

I got my invitation to order last week and my delivery is said to be Jan 2025 - was a little surprised they charge up front for delivery so far ahead of shipment - with duty it's now getting to be quite a pricey item but I'm sure it will be worth the expenditure - I have currently opted for
by bznelson91
49 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 15
Views: 243

General question about handling cafe drink quality

Bad Ass was likely in the "Hoffmann scenario 2" camp. The espresso was in the range in terms of grind; it was a little long for a single, even from an American standpoint (I'd say at least 40 - 50g), had decent body yet was just kind of plain in terms of taste. It's likely a good pull of a
by mwb5007
1 hour ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 17

[FS] Commandante Travel Set Up

[FS] ...........Here is a deal on a travel or vacation set up for you: Commandante C40 MK 3 / Black, in excellent condition. No more than 10 lbs of coffee through it. Comes with amber glass and Hard Plastic (?) bottoms; also wrapper, band and handle all in near mint condition (nothing visible) Also comes with goose neck