Recent Posts

by nameisjoey, less than a minute ago in Coffees
Replies: 8 Views: 169

Shipping costs

You wanna know what's crazy? Try going over to Cat & Cloud - their blend The Answer is really good but they just upped the price on it over $10 for the 5lb bag and now it is currently $110 for 5lb's and you STILL have to pay shipping bringing the total cost for 5lb's well over $120.
by Nunas, 4 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 39

Lelit Elizabeth's pressure needle won't move

Well, it's definitely a grinder issue. I suggest you turn the grind control to its finest setting and pull a shot with that. To be an espresso grinder, that's a basic test. It should choke your machine. If it does not, then maybe you can do a recalibration. I don't know your grinder at all, but many grinders have a
by nameisjoey, 7 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 125

Robusta Coffee For Espresso

Nicoletti Coffee has two offerings and both are a blend of both robusta and arabica at different ratios
by mbbrew, 12 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 8 Views: 169

Shipping costs

Shipping has gone up along with minimums for free shipping from a lot of roasters. I've taken to splitting orders with my friends when I can to meet free shipping, especially when it is, like you mentioned, almost as much as a bag of coffee to ship. Some of my local roasters have improved in quality so I
by stump007, 22 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 767 Views: 74838

Weber Key Grinder

Someone already posted it 2 pages ago
by harris, 22 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 389 Views: 30266

The Londinium R24

I'm not sure how to solve the problem except to punch a hole so I drilled a 1/4" hole in the grate, problem solved
by JB90068, 25 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 8 Views: 179

ECM Synchronika vs Lucca M58

You could also call around to your nearest espresso repair shop to find out which brands they service especially if you don't buy locally. It was something I did before purchasing my Synch
by cuppajoe, 28 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 31 Views: 462

Riviera leaking past piston seals

Yes, I understood the concept. The clearance between the face of the piston and the end of the cylinder at rest is 1mm as measured with a depth gauge. The shower screen is not held in place by the portafilter gasket as in numerous machines, it clips on the end of the cylinder. I know of no manufacturer
by BaristaBob, 36 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 288

Smallest Kafatek

Doug, My Kafatek MC2 does have a small footprint. It's the straight up vertical model, which I like. H= around 14" D= 7.5" W= 6.25"
by salvia, 38 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 8 Views: 179

ECM Synchronika vs Lucca M58

It's difficult to raise pressure, but easy to reduce it and I can't imagine plumbing in a machine without using a pressure regulator. Even if your incoming pressure was in the appropriate range for your machine, you would likely want a pressure reducing valve in order to protect against any potential spikes in pressure. The Lucca M58 looks good