Recent Posts

by Primacog, 15 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 359 Views: 27002

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Given the user experience of many here who have tried and use the SSP Lan Sweet cast 64mm burrs, I would like to ask how do they stack up in respect of Espresso against the original Ditting Lab Sweet cast 80mm burrs that they were copied from? Of course I expect the original 80mm cast burrs to produce
by Primacog, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 49

La Marzocco GS3MP or Slayer vs any e61 double boiler PID machine with a Flow Control Device installed

Thanks for your feedback, erik82. If mechanically there isn't any conceptual difference in the way they work, do you think that confirmation bias may have also skewed the subjective taste impressions to some degree? I ask because i used to dabble in hifi and audiophile listening as a hobby and I have learned the fiscally painful way how influential
by erik82, 34 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 49

La Marzocco GS3MP or Slayer vs any e61 double boiler PID machine with a Flow Control Device installed

They just work better and give better tasting espresso. I wanted a Lelit Bianca but it just couldn't get close to what I get from the Strietman in terms of shot quality. And working with a GS3 from a friend of mine I can beat the Strietman in taste. That's the biggest difference for me as on paper a Bianca
by Nunas, 53 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 37

ECM Synchronika pump ramp up noise normal?

It does not matter where the FCD is set when doing a blind basket test. The pressure will stabilize to the pump bypass setting in short order. Incidentally, the equivalent to the stock mushroom is about 1.25 turns open on my Synchronika. Ten bar isn't considered high, even on a stock Synchronika. Nominally, nine bar is considered "normal". I watched
by heytchap, Today, 1:02 am in Grinders
Replies: 405 Views: 54027

Lagom P100

Yes, me. Very happy
by nameisjoey, Today, 12:42 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 40 Views: 1922

Orphan Espresso leveling tool for Cafelat Robot

This has been pretty much my exact workflow as well for the last week. Except with the Lido 3, the basket fits inside the grounds cup when screwed on. So I grind directly into basket, oe leveling tool, and press fit screen on. Super simple and my shots have tasted just fine
by ojt, Today, 12:18 am in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 150

Weirdly different settings for Comandante and Aergrind on La Pavoni Europiccola

About the taste. If the coffee is fairly darkly roasted I'm thinking the uneven grind from the Aergrind gets you less extraction and thus less bitter taste, whereas the grind from Comandante is even and good getting you higher extraction. I'm going to make a wild guess here. I think you might need to lower your brew temperature quite
by chanty 77, Today, 12:09 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 433 Views: 60078

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

I *think* it is after. I remember getting freaked out hearing the pump make noise a little after steaming milk. The vendor told me that it is completely normal--the boiler is refilling. I'm assuming depending how many shots you pull, it would also refill the boiler then too
by Primacog, Yesterday, 11:52 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 25

Any other VBM DDs still out there?

Do you mean the Vibiemme super domobar double boiler? I have owned mine for more than 10 years now and it has served me well. It is paired with a compak k10 PB
by spressomon, Yesterday, 11:25 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 118

Lapera DS second edition update

Ditto & thanks Craig for posting about it!