Recent Posts

by luvmy40, 1 minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 95

Breville Barista Express requiring coarser grind

Exactly! Does the espresso taste good? If so, all is fine with the world!
by Bluenoser, 9 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 160

Bellows hopper hack (Urbanic)

Here's what mine collected after only about 4 espresso grinds at a setting about 2 units from touch (for espresso). I weighed about 2 grams. One time I had even more finely packed in there to the point where beans would not feed. A bellows won't blow all that out. I clean weekly. Today about 5 grinds after clean I
by Nunas, 10 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 18 Views: 2197

Chinese ALM lever

Looks like a piece of lab equipment
by BaristaBoy E61, 15 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 90

For Andy Warhol Coffee Fans

Cool - But a dozen 'signed' would be a hotter deal!
by cafeIKE, 16 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 14

Dalla Corte Studio Steam Wand Losing Pressure

600mL is a LOT of milk for a home machine. You could try a tip with two or smaller holes. There might be something useful here: "Dalla Corte Studio (a year later)"
by Oskuk, 29 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 34 Views: 1331

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

Any Eureka is a real grinder, if we compare the plastic Baratzas. Settte and Vario has One big advantage: you do not have to watch the that long in your desk. But, as many have commented: they have cheap spares!
by GC7, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 86

Brew pressure issue on a QM67

Thanks, The bottom hose on that brass3-way piece coming out of the brew boiler is what causes the pressure increase if pinched. It swings around to the top of that same piece via a T-hose connector where the other hose I think goes to the E61 brew outlet.The 3rd hoe out of there goes to the drip dray as far
by dcfan2021, 39 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 14

Dalla Corte Studio Steam Wand Losing Pressure

Hi everyone, new member here. Thanks for having me! I purchased a new DC Studio machine about 6 months ago and noticed that when I try to froth a large sized milk pitcher (60cl) the steam wand loses pressure too quickly so the milk doesn't whirl properly by the end. I tried descaling the machine in case
by MNate, 50 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 199

Decent Espresso DE1PRO or XXL? Which model for small cafe?

I couldn't tell you what you need, I suppose you mainly have to look at your own projected numbers. There are a growing number of places employing Decent machines, even in fairly quick coffee shop settings. However, commonly they will have two of them if it really is a business-critical tool. Think of it as a two group
by Zaneemomo, 51 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 15 Views: 708

End game grinder: EG-1, Kafatek MC4 or Flat Max?

The ultra burrs coffees taste slightly cleaner, flavors a little better defined, but also a slight loss of body. The pour overs are outstanding, some of the best I've ever had. For espresso, it's still a work in progress. At first I couldn't pull a decent shot at all. They were fast, spritzy, and channeling a