Recent posts

by EddyQ
less than a minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 19
Views: 211

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

Very interesting. I currently lubed my seals with Super Lube which contains PTFE. I'm now curious when/where I will see this buildup? Are the greaseless seals simply Viton? Whatever seal material KvdW supplies for my machine, they only last 6month to maybe a year (even with no use). I would switch to these Viton seals
by jpender
10 minutes ago

As the seals are used they enlarge. The diameter (nominally about 50mm) increases by 2-3mm. At some point it becomes harder to lock in and leakage occurs. I don't know for a fact that the increase in diameter is the cause of the symptoms. I could slather a thick coat of Molykote 111 on a brand new seal just
Advertisement
by EddyQ
10 minutes ago

Stefano, I bought my Haynes Silicone grease from you and I have liked it much more than the sticky Dow 111. If I go back to using non-silicone seals, I likely will use Haynes. And I will continue using it on all my o-rings
by can08001
11 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 16
Views: 757

Revel Coffee - Colombia Washed Nitro Caturra

Im glad you were open to trying something different Sal! Its definitely an experience and one I was very pleasantly surprised with. As far as the brew method I've tried, I did both pour over and espresso but I actually enjoyed it a lot as an espresso, both alone and with milk. Alone it was an intense melon in
by stefano65
18 minutes ago

Back in the early 2000's when I went to Ohio to the then Saeco USA importing facility for the "official" training certification , the tech dept was using the Haynes, I was personally happy with the result and of course trasted the experience they already had and move to it from what ever other product I was using
by EddyQ
22 minutes ago

If silicone based grease is applied. I would say it should based on what I have read. How much? Donno. Is swelling causing you any problems? For me, I did not notice swelling. But the seals do seem to have softened up and stick far more to the mirror smooth surface of my group
by Spitz.me
23 minutes ago
Replies: 148
Views: 11429

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Are any Canadians in this thread that have gotten anything in Canada with a Blueberry chocolate profile?
by Spitz.me
25 minutes ago
Replies: 307
Views: 14056

Canadian Roaster Recommendations

To be fair, I did like the Bad Boy Espresso blend I had from Brulerie. The other offerings were just ... not good to me. That monsooned robusta blend was literally impossible to pull properly on 2 different machines. So, that has me scratching my head. The strangest thing that I've ever experienced with a coffee
by HobWash
37 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 35
Views: 3526

DF83v vs DF64v (I have both)

Read the first line of the original post. It sums it up. For more info, that first line is a link to all the details
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz
49 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 38
Views: 2021

Greens Alert - Decaf Version

I am enjoying this quite a bit - here is a roast from yesterday. If anyone still wants any. 20lbs of the Ally Open "COLOMBIA GALERAS DECAF" which is EA Processed. I did this to facilitate sharing. Shipping will be done via USPS Padded Flat Rate envelope at 9.30 for