Recent Posts

by KindCoffeeOnline, 24 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1406 Views: 163675

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

So I contacted the website I'm looking at buying from (alternativebrewing) and asked for them to clarify if the white model comes with the v2 burrs, and to my surprise the response was yes, I even asked definitely not 1.1 but 2 and was told yes V2, but now I'm not even sure if it is the v2 burrs or
by Foofooman, Today, 1:24 am in Coffees
Replies: 328 Views: 26894

The hunt for best Italian roasted coffee beans

How does Cartapani Cinquestelle fit in to your leaderboard? I'm deciding between ordering that or Hausbrandt Nonnetti
by ckboon, Today, 1:12 am in Grinders
Replies: 1941 Views: 237093

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

You can start with Option-O's FAQ. They have a write up on 3 different burrs: {link}
by Marmot, Today, 12:25 am in Grinders
Replies: 35 Views: 2985

Any Ditting Lab Sweet owners want to test all the burrs? Pics of 4 burr sets

I have two 804s with the original cast iron burrs which were the model for the new lab sweet burrs. So maybe not exactly the same. Which is why I am also interested in this comparison For me the difference is not very large but I also do not taste that mich of a difference between flat and
by jb-0101, Today, 12:15 am in Grinders

Ok great thanks for the feedback. You have the lab sweet burrs on your 804 right? How does the taste of espresso differ between the 1203 machined burrs and the 804 lab sweet burrs?
by Marmot, Today, 12:07 am in Grinders

I don't have an 804 with machined burrs but two used 1203s with these kind of burrs. I guess they are the same but just larger. I can easily grind for espresso and never get close to touching even when doing long preinfusions with super light roasts
by Marmot, Today, 12:04 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 153 Views: 12620

The Picopresso

With the Pavoni basket that I used on my Picopresso the problem is that it is a bit wider than the stock basket and can get a little stuck on the side. But I never had problems with it not sealing. Can you easily move the basket into the Picopresso? It could be that it does not get pushed evenly
by Anatol, Yesterday, 11:44 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 153 Views: 12620

The Picopresso

And another update to the Picopresso with IMS competition La Pavoni post millennium 14-16g basket. I'm back to my usual espresso blend, and even though I screw the basket in really tightly, in probably 4 out of 5 attempts I get clear water leaking out the sides which results in a watery, underextracted shot with minimal crema. With the previous
by spopinski, Yesterday, 11:38 pm in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 120

Controlling the RPM of a DF64 with a VFD

Do you also bypass the capacitor and use all 3 output wires to drive the motor? Effectively remove all the grinder electronics?