Recent Posts

by JRising, 3 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 48

Need Help Cremina hydraulics redesign

That will dribble on your countertop. Remember, once the anti-vac closes, all the air is out of the machine, the gas in there is water vapour. When it cools back down, the anti-vac will open and draw air back in that will rise through the heavier water vapour, the water vapour in that tube will condense back to water liquid...
by JRising, 20 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 14

Boiler overfilling during extraction, leaking from relief valve

If it went away, at least temporarily, it was likely leakage through the boiler-fill solenoid. When you looked at it, you released whatever was holding it open.
by civ, 21 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 14 Views: 146

Making my drum roaster spin faster?

Hello:You're welcome. Should you be interested: {link} You may want to consider that what you are indirectly attempting to achieve ie: reduce the transfer of heat to the beans by conduction is not just a question of drum speed. Like I mentioned previously, there are other important aspects eg: besides drum geometry, vane design and air flow which are to...
by LBIespresso, 37 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 14 Views: 146

Making my drum roaster spin faster?

My understanding (limited to internet research on a similar problem is that PWM will pulse the full voltage on and off to average the voltage that you need. This may kill your motor immediately or vastly shorten the life of it if it is not rated to what you are sending to it on the on part of the pulse....
by luvmy40, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 49

Breville Oracle espresso machine doesn't heat up to required temperature

The way the BDB brew water flow and temp control works is a little different than most dual boiler machines. The brew water runs through a heat exchanger in the steam boiler then into the brew boiler/group assembly. there are two PID controller that work in tandem with each other and the saturated group to maintain stability/control. If your steam...
by Eiern, Today, 6:48 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 16 Views: 1259

Is pre-infusion obsolete with lower pressure, spraying of the puck and a bplus screen filter?

I keep my two screens at room temp as I think that would be more repeatable than not knowing the temp trying to heat it up. I also have lowered my temp from 94C to 86C with screen for pulling nordic filter roast as espresso with no sourness. I actually found higher temp to have a weird profile where they...
by Flitzgordon, Today, 6:48 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 14

Boiler overfilling during extraction, leaking from relief valve

Has a Mitica and I've been having leakage issues. With the heating element unplugged, i pull the lever and water is coming out of the vacuum relief valve located on top. I did a visual check on the refill solenoid's internal and it seems alright. The solenoid could magnetize during refill. Water probe looks clean. I removed the excess water...
by Eiern, Today, 6:41 am in Grinders
Replies: 160 Views: 7655

98mm Burrs for Brew

For the record these new 98mm SSP Brew does not suffer being too sterile in my experience, I too have found some SSP burrs to be a little lacking, especially the original 64mm Brew, that could be just weirdly too clean at times. I think the 98mm Brew are at a good spot for brew on the axis of clarity/focus...
by Trickykid, Today, 6:26 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 150

Rancilio Silvia -> Profitec Pro 300 -> ?

I appreciate the insight. Thanks! Was the flow control pre-installed or did you do it yourself? If the latter is the case, was it difficult to do?
by Trickykid, Today, 6:24 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 150

Rancilio Silvia -> Profitec Pro 300 -> ?

Honestly, the biggest problem with my current steaming capability is that is runs out of steam too fast. I can barely make it through what amounts to two cortado/flat white. I'm not sure upping the steam pressure would sort out that problem. Anyhow, I'm far enough into my research on a shiny new espresso machine that I can't possibly just...