Recent Posts

by Espressoman007, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 15 Views: 1694

Malwani Livi

Well, it's not that I am frustrated at all. I got used to all kind of people in my life. But it is fair to say, good things and bad. Given all, my rating for grinder is the highest but for service is the lowest (and that is compered to others I have dealt with). Before I got the grinder,...
by maxmaut, 4 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Mahlkonig EK12a

Hello, I found this grinder for sale locally for 160 bucks, same machine as here {link} Does anyone know the burr size on this machine and if it's generally good? It looks similar to modern 43s in terms of size on the counter.
by Howardsmith, 12 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 226

E61 Dual Temperature & Pressure Gauge

{image} You can see it here with silver tape covering it. I have stuck it on with heat transfer paste.
by ronncat, 22 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 23 Views: 219

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

P.S. Mike Take a look at this thread of mine. Sometimes I have too much time and not enough to do: "Monoleeth Flat Pour Over Grinder"
by ronncat, 26 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Mike, Did you ever watch Tim Allen in Home Improvement? Well... that's me. I can't ever leave anything alone. From 50 mph golf carts and 40 mph electric standup scooters, to more gimbal and drone designs that I can shake a stick at... The Cormorant is awesome OTB!!! Does not require any upgrades or tweaking. It is a good solid...
by vansover, 41 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 355

1 month old La Marzocco Linea Mini triggering thermal switch daily

@Alestz - any updates? Looks like almost 4 months passed since February - was the temp probe indeed replaced? Did the issue of the safety switch triggering disappear/get resolved? I'm trying to troubleshoot what seems to be the same issue. The thermal switch on my LMLM trips occasionally - when it does, it happens only when turning the machine on....
by D_Prince, 42 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 10

Modding the Kitchenaid espresso machine

{image} Been getting a lot of personal messages on here about mods on Kitchenaid Espresso machines. So far seems most people aren't reading my replies or aren't marking them read. Decided to make it a bit more public. Mods:[/size] Changed shower screen holder from stock aluminum to brass - better thermal mass (massively reduced the temp swing in shots to...
by Kran, 48 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 906 Views: 101078

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

I printed this in ProtoPasta HTPLA. I really like the matte finish and I find the print quality is better than your standard PLA. Sure. The plate is here: {link} And the funnel is here: {link} Tolerances are kind of tight so depending on your printer you may have to adjust a little. This is a great idea. Printing it...
by Brewzologist, 49 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Michael; Hope the following will give you an idea of how/why you might choose to increasingly automate a Cormorant or similar roaster: 1) As John and Gavin have shown, the Cormorant doesn't need much to function manually. 2) You could later connect the temperature probes to Artisan using Phidgets to capture temperature data and manually log events like gas/fan changes...
by Howardsmith, 55 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 226

E61 Dual Temperature & Pressure Gauge

{image} You can see it here with silver tape covering it. I have stuck it on with heat transfer paste.