Recent posts

by Nunas
4 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 24

Lelit Bianca sudden event and issue

The brew and steam circuits are virtually independent; the only common element is the pump. The brew pressure is entirely dependent on the pump pressure; so your group lost pressure part way through the shot. The steam pressure is entirely dependent on the heat in the boiler. So, my guess, and it's only that at this point, is that the
by bostonbuzz
13 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 1
Views: 11

Any experiences with Mahlkonig VTA 6ST?

I have a few threads about the 120mm ditting burrs. From the SSP guy, he says he was impressed with the VTA 120mm burrs and less so with the 1203 burrs. I have a 1203 with stock burrs which I installed NOS. They are similar to a ditting 804 machined but I think a bit less unimodal. Personally I find
Advertisement
by JRising
16 minutes ago
Replies: 13
Views: 329

Profitec Pro 800, won't heat after power outage

Could be that the Gicar is sending a signal to the boiler fill solenoid and making it activate... Does the machine appear to try to work normally with the leads removed from the boiler fill solenoid, or does it stop clicking but still fail?(Of course the boiler won't fill with the valve disconnected, so let it stop struggling after 10
by Jeff
34 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 6
Views: 65

Breville Dual Boiler

Some people that are chasing top-quality coffee go beyond RPavlis-style water into blending water for specific GH and KH, even to the point of which mineral or minerals are used. RPavlis gets you to the point where you're not putting your machine at risk of significant damage and there is enough mineral content to have auto-fill circuits working. Anything past
by tbombadil
44 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 17
Views: 952

Always brew at 197F?

I have a Brazen brewer so adjusting the precise brew temp is simple. Always do filter and used a Rocky grinder for years. I agreed with your description and had lowered the temp from 204 down to 198 to eliminate undesired flavors. But I recently got a new grinder that is much more consistent than the Rocky and
by Katzer
44 minutes ago
Replies: 13
Views: 329

Profitec Pro 800, won't heat after power outage

good question. probably the pump that fills the boiler off the reservoir
by Jonastheorganist
51 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 6
Views: 65

Breville Dual Boiler

Pure RO can be corrosive, as in very bad for the machine. Use RO water and follow the rpavlis recipe to get rpavlis water. Or find some bortled water with acceptable values for hardness etc and just use that
by chappcc
56 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 129

Izzo Alex Leva pressure relief valve blew. What next?

I experienced the pressure relief valve opening on a few occasions. In my case, the SSR was failing, allowing the machine to overheat. After replacing it, the machine operates normally
by fruitfly
57 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 338
Views: 39726

Odyssey Argos owner experience

I did just push harder on the lever this morning and got 36ml each time
by fruitfly
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 410
Views: 23134

Blind shaker better than WDT??

The optimum for me is to grind into the portafilter using a funnel, then take off the funnel and replace it with a dosing cup and shake. For me, no taste difference with less cleanup, and no brushing grounds from blind shaker