Recent posts

by homeburrero
3 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 25
Views: 596

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

I agree that you should look into Whole Foods water refill station. Mine is 39 cents per gallon of de-ionized, which is local tapwater that is treated via RO followed by ion exchange de-ionization to get it down to a couple ppm or less. Besides the price it also helps avoid container waste. P.S. Given
by DaveC
8 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 38
Views: 1492

ACS waiting times

If it's an Evo and especially with a safety system....probably, because the Vostok already had the shot timer and plenty of space for the Rotary, the Evo had quite a big redesign in terms of case and internals (which the Vostok didn't need), so took a bit longer to bring to market. The Evo2 is designed a little smaller to
Advertisement
by JayBeck
8 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 125
Views: 14223

Weber Workshops Key Mk. ii Grinder & User Experience

16g at an espresso setting or drip setting? Drip chews through beans because you're a full rotation or 350 microns coraser so a lot more throughput can occur
by Pressino
19 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11
Views: 210

Is this boiler salvageable

OK, mistakenly thought the fitting was removed based on the inside view of the boiler (the last photo) showing clean threads (clearly not extractor grooves), which means the fitting is stuck below the threads in that view. This also explains why in the 3rd photo the fitting hole is eccentric, which I thought was odd. Well, this eccentricity makes
by chipman
24 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 25
Views: 596

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

I've been using Crystal Geyser from Weed for the past 15 years. I have never had to descale either of the two machines I have had over that time period
by Cristobalm
27 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 24
Views: 1282

Mazzer Philos Comments

Is the stepped adjustment clicky? I.E. Is there any tactile feedback when making adjustments? Can you make stepped adjustments just by touch or do you have to look at the adjustment dial if you wish to make a grind setting change? I'm blind and have been in search of an all purpose stepped electric grinder as stepless simply wouldn't
by ShotClock
36 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 38
Views: 1492

ACS waiting times

I'm waiting for an Evo, maybe that's part of the reason for the delay
by fellowproducts
40 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 24
Views: 579

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

I highly doubt we will do a 3rd basket. About 6 months of R&D went into single serve, and I really went through the gamut. No plans for a plumbed in version. Nick
by Pressino
40 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 64

What machine is it? - hello from PerĂº

It has a Cimbali gauge. The overall build resembles a Cimbali M15 or earlier 2 group lever machine, maybe something distrubuted to the South American market? There should be some info on the machine's factory ID plate
by yakster
41 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 64

What machine is it? - hello from PerĂº

I don't recognize it, here's a picture of the whole machine from the links provided. Good luck! {image}