Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 5 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 205

Salvatore Compact basics

So you probably have to subtract 0.8 bars from whatever the gauge says ... so your 2bar is actually 1.2 bar, which is fine. I wouldn't adjust the pressurestat if the 0.8 bar reading is consistent every morning (assuming that you turn the machine off at night). Fixing the gauge is easy, but getting to the pointer is a
by Randy G., 6 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 63

When is espresso equipment service no longer worthwhile?

Quite a few participants here have machines which they can and do service themselves. Not everyone has that ability , talent, or background that allows that. There are also some machines that are easier to service then others. A large-body, HX E-61 is one example. I suppose I should feel lucky that I can do my own diagnoses and maintenance
by DaveB, 21 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 48 Views: 1780

About those coffee grounds going down the sink drain...

Ask and you shall receive. {image} {image} Ironically, just suffered a new clog! The difference here is that it involved just over 4 years of rinsing my portafilter in the sink after using the knock box - same with the Robot basket (which retains more grounds after knocking out puck).
by Satchmo780, 24 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

Salvatore Compact basics

That's awesome! Small world. I guess all I can say is thanks for moving this one on, it has a good home. So the machine is mostly cool right now (takes a long time to cool that big boiler). It's still reading 0.8 bars, which makes me think there's a stuck vacuum seal. Can someone
by mgrayson, 28 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 144 Views: 5135

IKAWA Home - profiles

Indeed, yes. That's how the exhaust profiles work. You don't HAVE to wait out the cooling cycle. You can just cycle power. Probably not good for circuit boards if the machine is very hot
by baldheadracing, 31 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 13 Views: 410

Knock box woes.

Just to complete this thread, I messaged Francesco Ceccarelli, and he said that he's seen hammered black, brown, and blue bases, but most are grey up to v1.6, with brown predominant for later v1's and early v2's
by ira, 32 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 59 Views: 2757

Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini

The fact that the red indicator firing seems to be a common theme with seemingly no issues detected might seem to indicate they are choosing the wrong indicator and not a problem with packaging or shipping. I thought indicators come in many types and shock ranges. I have a mechanical that takes special paper tape and records the direction
by UncaLenDog, 34 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

Salvatore Compact basics

I see from the pics that this was my machine. Unfortunately my memory is poor enough that I don't dare lead you astray by trying to answer. However I can say that, as a long, long time customer of Salvatore I invariably found Wendy to be friendly and helpful. Contact them and you will have clear sailing. And great
by Kuhyay, 34 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 21

[FS] SSP 64mm unimodal v1 burrs

These are a set of new (only used for factory QC) SSP 64mm unimodal v1 flat burrs. These are the original ones without the modified edge for espresso, not the v2, now known as "multi purpose". This set came on my p64 from Prima so I will ship on a different SSP box. Asking $195 shipped to