Recent Posts

by bas, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 235 Views: 47695

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

Yes but why does the SD clog? The XL does not. I have not read before of clogged XL models but read more and more messages of clogged SD grinders. Does not make sense? Or is the tilt or redesign of the chute the issue
by K7, 17 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 235 Views: 47695

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

It's gotta be either: 1. Not pumping the bellows properly (sure, Eureka may need to give more clear instruction) or 2. Too much air leak in the hopper system (due to not closing the gate completely or poor fit of components?) Note that once it gets clogged badly enough, simply fixing #1 and #2 may not remove the
by Mukka, 18 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 78 Views: 5741

The Picopresso

My shower screen doesn't have this kind of circle. I think the circle is an improvement, because my puck often has a dent in the middle. The IMS shower screen of my big espresso machine also has no holes in the center, I think this improves distibution. I also ordered a puck screen for my picopresso and hope for an
by Agathorn, 40 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 179 Views: 16756

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

Another try today with v60 at grind setting 7,3 and it tasted very good! Now I'm satisfied! Uniformity seems good as well ! The speed this grinder runs at is very impressive!
by mckolit, 42 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 42

Upgradeitus - Mod La Spaziale Vivaldi II, or a new machine?

It's a slippery slope. I've only had the flow control device on my machine for a couple of weeks. It's fun to tinker and see what changes in the cup messing with the profile can do. But now I'm thinking what's next? It's fun and all, but the level of control you get manually turning a dial is just so
by nicolai, 42 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 38 Views: 1019

Ikawa Home thermal performance

Again, extremely relevant research. Have you tried with beans in it? That would also be very interesting. I also dont think that fan-speed will impact the flavor (At least not my palette) - But it may be relevant if you are roasting peaberries and they are pushed into the chaff container during the roasting process - Otherwis I dont see
by Bigun404, Today, 2:58 am in Grinders
Replies: 1210 Views: 113243

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I had a reply , see below and now I have a contact, £162 shipped and a possible £45 when entering the UK but it could get through. Thank you for email. it costs 220 USD including Fedex. Paypal is available. but now it is all sold out and will be available again 2 weeks
by GDM528, Today, 2:53 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 54

One green bean - 2 separate roasted products?

This thread might be relevant, although it mostly talks about blending different varieties: "What coffees are you blending? - Theory and Practice"
by GDM528, Today, 2:47 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 38 Views: 1019

Ikawa Home thermal performance

About that fan... In the following experiment I step the fan speed between 80% to 60% while holding the temperature steady. This will test the Ikawa's ability to hold temperature despite changes in airflow. {image} The app doesn't allow enough fan setpoints to pulse the fan speed both up and down in a single recipe, so
by roughneck, Today, 2:36 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 18

La Marzocco GS3 AV - Coffee Pressure Question

Maybe to add: The amount of water when set at 9bar during free flow is around 500ml/min Regards, r