Recent Posts

by IamOiman, 2 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 12 Views: 522

New England Get Together

hmm, I like the idea of doing this near the SCA event in April. That would also give people enough time to plan around the get together. I am also open to hosting in late March. Depending on response I will plan around those with the best availability with others. I am inserting a when2meet to make things easier
by cafeIKE, 3 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 145

Lelit Elizabeth pressure too high

gobucks, please update your profile so we have an idea of your machine. * If the coffee is good, the pressure is fine * gauges have error, so while it may read 9, it's likely ±½bar * on many home machines, there is a ¾ to 1½ bar drop between the gauge pick
by level3ninja, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 332 Views: 42455

Lagom P100

Option-O put pictures of theirs on their IG before SSP posted theirs
by Coffeecomrade, 7 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 901

All Stock Gaggia Classic Pro And Commercially Available Coffee

Hello and thank you @thefirstdrip. You are right on with your advice. When I began using the machine I did go to a good coffee shop and ordered what the barista there said was a good shot of espresso, along with a small cappuccino to compare. And I learned a lot from that one shot. I think a
by jtferraro, 11 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 12 Views: 522

New England Get Together

I'd be interested in a NE GTG as well. I was disappointed to miss the last SCA Expo (April, 2019?), so would really like to make this one and meet a few of you. Keep me posted (I'll check back too!)
by cafeIKE, 13 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 58

Replacing plastic sheathing on water level probe

As long as the boiler pressure holds, it's fine. The vac break fails due to scale or failed seal. See "Vacuum Relief Valve O-Ring Repair vs Full Replacement?" for a long life unit than can be rebuilt with a silicone o-ring. The one shown is 15 years old and still does not leak
by Charly2nd, 14 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 40

Lagom p64 shipping cost

Ah, I see! Thought I could purchase directly, since they don't have it in stock. Thank you for clarifying!
by dndrich, 16 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 237

Niche Zero: To RDT or Not to RDT

I believe Niche has come out and said that RDT is fine. Just keep the water down to a minimum. There are many who have done RDT with the Niche apparently with no issues. I do not find it necessary at all for standard espresso. My Niche is new, and expect after break in that will be even better. But
by Legend_217, 19 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 237

Niche Zero: To RDT or Not to RDT

Big NO. Water will discolor your burrs
by cskorton, 24 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 7 Views: 282

Light roast coffees for espresso - Haven't discovered the joy...

Everyone has different tastes and preferences. I struggled to enjoy light roasts at home with my starter setup. I now have very nice gear, but my preference is still for high body, less acidic shots. Namely, high quality Italian blends. I still like to try light roasts out in cafes in the hands of a skilled barista to