Recent Posts

by pcdawson, 8 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 4

Puck screens and Levers

I've been experimenting with a Bplus puck screen with my Cremina SL. Having great results but wondering if you should heat/warm the screen before using it? Or is the thermal mass of the screen insignificant in impacting temperature of the shot?
by mborkow, 12 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 129

Hand Grinders: How long does it take to grind for espresso?

I have been using hand grinders exclusively for over a decade and have settled on an OE Pharos as my daily grinder. It grinds about one gram of coffee per handle rotation plus a few extra turns at the end to get any fragments after I knock it on the counter a couple times...less than 30 seconds total per shot
by pcdawson, 14 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 173

What would you do with a possibly lemon of an espresso machine?

Well.....I love levers! For me it's a tactile thing - like flying a barnstormer rather than a jet. I think you'd have no problem adjusting to a lever. Plus there are a tonne of leverheads like myself who can help you along your journey. As for machines, the Robot is an excellent machine but be prepared to learn about thermal
by Bigun404, 23 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1213 Views: 113329

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

Sent you a PM with the contact email address , I didn't want to create a stampede posting in the chat
by mborkow, 24 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 32 Views: 1825

La Pavoni Ideale 1929

What a tease!
by sambuist, 40 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 18 Views: 636

Ikawa Home vs Bullet

So I actually posted a few on Monday here . "Bullet Roast Along-Brazil: Lagender or etc" Since I have a lot of this Brazil I was going to use your ROR profile to see what I got taste wise. I was thinking that maybe the best way to compare was to tastes the batches that had similar color
by SAllen, 47 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 24 Views: 661

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

It's fairly easy for me to approximate how much to fill the Sette's hopper each morning for the 4 caps to be made that day. Using a 15 gm dose in 15 gm basket, there is virtually no spillage grinding directly into the portafilter- I don't use a funnel. I know I sound like an advertisement for the
by Ypuh, 50 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 38 Views: 2188

Eureka Helios 80 - manufacturer defect

Ah, yeah. I remember seeing Eureka prices in the US one time. That eliminates a lot of the good part and explains why users here are usually more critical towards Eureka for small/minor defects or startup problems. I wouldn't go as far as to call Eureka a budget brand, they offer good realiable/durable machines (better than how a
by Agathorn, Today, 8:09 am in Grinders
Replies: 182 Views: 16844

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

Thanks. I'll try it out
by PartySausage, Today, 8:06 am in Grinders
Replies: 1213 Views: 113329

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

That's good news. Thanks for the update. I guess once VAT, Import etc is added that would be around 200 GBP. Let's see what crops up in a couple of weeks