Recent posts

by Jeff
4 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 8
Views: 250

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I pull out my decades old "58" from time to time, just to confirm that it ain't the tamper but the hand that is guiding it that is likely the problem. Or it is just poorly designed and executed tampers that have misleading marketing, suggesting that they are "calibrated". Yet another reason marketers shouldn't be the ones designing espresso gear
by baldheadracing
7 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 10
Views: 358

Extracamundo! Temperature adjustments?

One has to keep in mind history - the traditional espresso parameters are optimized for maximum extraction of caffeine from coffee to keep the Italian workforce energized with 7g singles. If one doesn't have a preference, then lower temperatures extract less caffeine (all other things being equal, etc.). As caffeine is bitter, a lower extraction temperature will reduce bitterness in
Advertisement
by Jeff
11 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1
Views: 64

Light roasts right grind size > slow flow problem

Welcome to H-B! What grinder are you using? I'm going to make suggestions based on something with traditional burrs. Your soak times seem exceptionally long to me. At least as I think of it, the soak is primarily to evenly wet the coffee so that the puck has better integrity. While the grind you will probably
by bostonbuzz
23 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Views: 61

La Marzocco Swan

Very interested in the dose by rotations and how accurate it can be on a weight basis. I assumed LM chose this method because it's better than timed but was shot down in another thread. Is the ion ring different than what's implemented in various Chinese grinders with ion "beams"?
by baldheadracing
25 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 463

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

Neither machine seems to have been imported into North America so there isn't much discussion. There seems to be more information on European boards like kaffee-netz.de
by Jaygo1
26 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 406

What do I gain/lose switching from a Robot to a Ponte Vecchio Export?

I love the Robot for a travel machine, I've created a pelican case that houses all you need including an Option O Mini grinder. It's hard to beat for that!
by BaristaBoy E61
28 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 250

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Right now i'm using a Mahlgut Palm Tamper & Dozer that I like very much. Next tamper will for sure be either a Puqpress or a Compak Cube. Both are electric. That's the BUZZ
by BaristaBoy E61
37 minutes ago
Replies: 57
Views: 2078

ACS waiting times

Gorgeous looking machine & set-up. Congrats & Enjoy!
by ShotClock
40 minutes ago
Replies: 57
Views: 2078

ACS waiting times

Matt - I sent the same address to DHL. I just checked and they said that they have all of the required information. Apparently, we're just waiting 3-5 days for customs to "do their thing"
by JRising
40 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Views: 17

Lelit Bianca, low pressure at grouphead

Is there a reason for not adjusting the grinder? If you want the Bianca to brew good espresso, adjust the grinder to make up for the aging of the beans and the exposure to the current humidity. Adjust the grinder every 5 or so extractions based on your opinion of the previous three or four. If the