Recent Posts

by mmntip, 4 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 3

Best Single Dose Grinder under $1000?

Niche Zero for conical, DF64 for flat. In my experience Eureka doesn't come close in usability (that tiny wheel is terrible).
by bwren, 4 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 19

Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL

There is a guy in CA who makes some great wood accessories for the La Pavoni, including tampers, bottomless portafilters etc. {link} His tamper is 51.5, which is the most popular size for millennium machine users. If you want to go with a single temp sticker, Flair espresso make a good one. There is also a great source based in...
by yalag, 12 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 3

Best Single Dose Grinder under $1000?

Hi I'm looking to upgrade from a built in grinder on the Breville machines. I have a budget of a $1000 and I wanted a single dose option because I'm thinking maybe I want to try different beans frequently and a single dose allow me to change without worrying about retention too much. But maybe that thinking is wrong, not...
by decent_espresso, 16 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 849 Views: 86666

Decent Espresso news

{image} Espresso with smaller baskets, learning from Lever machines Looking back at the history of espresso machines, and especially with lever machines, you find that the 58mm basket used on 9 bar machines, is not so common. Smaller diameter baskets are really common. And lever machines are known for making ultra-smooth, easy-drinking espresso. I long thought that 53mm baskets (such...
by decent_espresso, 18 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 849 Views: 86666

Decent Espresso news

Never say never, but no current plans. Philosophically, I did not like making a Decent that had less-long-lived components, and that's what we had to do, to lower the parts cost, and thus lower the retail price.
by silkypull, 19 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 43

Izzo Leva parts

thanks.. i see the link is for pompei it should be the same, but emailed them to confirm.
by JB90068, 34 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 121

Weber Bean Cellars

No duty on the bean cellars. It was sent via DHL and arrived ahead of schedule by four days. Pretty typical of DHL. I paid around $200. In duties when I got my EG-1 though. The walnut base that comes with the Weber cellars is beautifully done. The finish appears to be a natural oil and doesn't overwhelm the wood....
by ojt, 35 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 16 Views: 1002

Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

I think I saw that connection, didn't think of taking a photo under. Sorry. It was was for the flow control version. The guy was actually the one responsible for the US market so I could of course have asked more in detail. In the cup good but not putting too much emphasis on it as the barista failed the...
by baristainzmking, 51 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 19

Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL

Hi all, Dear hubby just presented me with an early holiday gift - La Pavoni Professional 16 cup espresso machine.... And it is a keeper... Honey really wanted me to have a manual lever. I know nothin about this machine, so am excited to learn. I know I need a temperature sticker, a good tamper. What size? Do they make...
by lukeap69, 52 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 121

Weber Bean Cellars

Agreed. I just bought the Craig Lyn's cellars without the base and got myself some custom 'test tube' base from etsy. {image} {image}