Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 7 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 438

Lapera DS second edition update

Making the HX and test fitting: {link} ... and in case you wanted to compare, here's what the first edition flange looks like: {image}
by jakline, 10 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 30

La Marzocco GS3 - water flows back into the reservoir overnight

I had this issue on my first GS/3. See: "La Marzocco GS/3 water flows back into reservoir on power off"
by bgn, 12 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 18 Views: 330

Salvatore Compact basics

I'm curious to know your thoughts on this machine. I live in Canada but have visited Sal's shop as I have family in the area. The personal craftsmanship on his machines gives them strong appeal to me
by dockoelboto, 32 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 32 Views: 974

La Marzocco Linea Mini EMP Mod

I've been very happy with my EMP mod. It unlocked the true potential of the lmlm. There are a lot of great ways to make espresso plus it is fun exploring what is possible. I'm sure the flair works great just not something I enjoy looking at daily. Just my take
by espressojoe, 35 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 30 Views: 383

Which side is the top on this heating element?

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. If it heats up enough to make steam go out the pressure relief valve then at least I know I'm on the right track. I might have to get a new boiler tank. There's a coral reef in there. I got a lot out but there's still a lot of limescale. I
by edwa, 54 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 25 Views: 1940

Niche Zero: To RDT or Not to RDT

Looking at iploya's video makes me jealous! I'm a stone's throw from Venice Beach, CA. (for reference) and my Niche is 3 years old in July so I definitely think the burrs are seasoned. Still get lots of static and would have a mess if I tried to grind into the PF with a funnel/collar. I miss
by thienedits, 55 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 14

Hexagon shaped portafilter basket

Hello, at work we have a nice espresso machine, however I am not sure the portafilter basket and tamper fit correctly. It's taking a long time to get help from the work facilities so thought I'd try here. I've attached an image of the basket. Not sure if the tamper is too big, but it seems like it doesn't fit
by PIXIllate, Yesterday, 11:21 pm in Coffees
Replies: 37 Views: 1487

What is a good, well rounded starter coffee

Try Blackout and Gamma from Hatch. Best roaster in Canada as far as I'm concerned. And I've tried most of them. Including Milano. They're very expensive, no roast dates on the bags, high shipping and to be honest just nothing really great in the cup
by PIXIllate, Yesterday, 11:16 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11 Views: 303

E61 Preinfusion

I'd love to hear your take on using bottom papers under a puck and why the flow seems to be so different and seemingly increases extraction around the edges of the puck. You know, since you're offering
by DavC, Yesterday, 11:05 pm in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 48

SSP HU & Cast 64mm

Thanks Lobin, I should have posted there. You are right, maybe I am looking at the wrong direction but also trying to be greedy to find something that has that body and providing good clarity