Recent Posts

by Dartiguan, 4 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 13 Views: 346

Steam questions

Thanks for the article link
by BruceWayne, Today, 1:31 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 117

First espresso machine, budget around $3500, help me make up my mind

I don't think the changes for 2021 were as significant as the previous update. There's a video here, but the big takeaways are IMS baskets and slightly longer stems on the steam and water spout outlets. {video} I got my machine in early July, and it had the updated components.
by Ken5, Today, 1:30 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3876 Views: 283203

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Two questions concerning the gasket. Every once in a while upon changing directions of the levers, just as I end the shot, and only as I change directions of the levers I hear a very quick shot of air and then a tiny amount of clear water runs down the outside of the portafilter. Otherwise the pressure is solid! So...
by Philobee, Today, 1:12 am in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 25

[WTB] DF64 or Niche Zero

Hello, I'm located in Bloomington, Indiana. I've been mainly looking for a DF64, but for whatever reason a Niche Zero becomes available, I'll gladly get my hands on it. Cincinnati, OH is definitely possible if that's more convenient!
by chanty 77, Today, 12:47 am in Coffees
Replies: 20 Views: 602

Vivace Dolce

I was going back in the "search" regarding B&W blends. So many people said they had a hard time dialing in the Classic. The company said to set the brew to 203-204°. I play around with these temps anyway--although that seems quite high--yet I hear & read these blends are lighter than the typical medium roasts. Taste is so subjective....
by JimKastama, Today, 12:08 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 40

Used Astoria CMA/1A won't brew

Thank you! Do you have guide/manual that you would suggest? The simpler, the better. Best, Jim
by gabels, Today, 12:05 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 117

First espresso machine, budget around $3500, help me make up my mind

Bruce, the Aergrind is stepless. I think it will be good enough until I get the NZ. Thanks very much for pointing out the 2021 differences in the Bianca, you saved me some heartache. I was about to pull the trigger on a V2 and pay the same as the V3 (which I did not know existed)...!!
by yakster, Today, 12:05 am in Knockbox
Replies: 3120 Views: 274180

The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day...

Here's another video with a better look at the thermal reserve. I've heard these called hotel groups. {video}
by GregoryJ, Yesterday, 11:57 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 243 Views: 21324

Odyssey Espresso (OE-1 Lever prototype)

I'm usually doing 27-30g shots on the Robot, but I would like to have a little bit of margin for longer shots.
by DamianWarS, Yesterday, 11:50 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 42 Views: 735

7 gram single shot?? Mission impossible!

this thread may interest you: "Tamper for La Marzocco single baskets" the first/left side picture you "posted" is referenced in the thread as the LM1. I noticed the "amazon listing" uses the part number L115/A, I don't know what the other part numbers are but "swift" baskets or ending with the letter "S" (ex. L115AS) from what I understand are...