Recent Posts

by crazyascarl, 2 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 31 Views: 1651

Do you add sugar to your espresso?

I've been making the wife (my version of a) Cortadito the past few days and she's in heaven... basically a latte version of a cuban coffee. A Cuban coffee is usually made with a moka pot-- mix a little of the crema in with a teaspoon or two of sugar into a paste, then add in
by sketcher88, 8 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 17 Views: 219

Roaster, situation demands I use an extension cord

To be totally honest, and if it's not used all the time, you could also use construction wire (so not cable, as found in an extension cord). The wire is cheaper as it's one piece of copper for each conductor rather than many strands making up a cable, and I'd just go heavier gauge on that. The issue is that
by kris772, 9 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 26 Views: 279

Espresso machine clogging randomly in between shots

Maybe at some point get another of those Chinese/Amazon ones, but though I am not an advocate of abusing the return process, with something like a pf holder where you cannot tell if it works until you have it in hand and have actually tried it, I would say buy from wherever you can return it, just in case. I
by Kaffee Bitte, 11 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 4 Views: 108

Preference for Natural, Washed or Honey processed coffee.

Drools a little. A Sumatran longberry peaberry I had a decade ago is still one of my best ever shots. I can still remember the taste. Last week I had a guatamalan peaberry that every shot was thunderous in it's body. I am going to grab another bag of it today
by Chert, 18 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 4 Views: 108

Preference for Natural, Washed or Honey processed coffee.

Sumatra peaberry doppio for me at lunch today
by HB, 25 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box
Replies: 15 Views: 175

How about a Like button with emoji choices?

I could make emoji a premium feature for supporters
by Boldjava, 41 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box

I use the "helpful" button as a means of expressing my delight and pleasure for a post w/ clarity, quality, and substance. Emoticons and emojis? I turn them off
by jbviau, 47 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box

Why not just make it a feature that people can choose to see or not in their user control panels?
by thesharpener, 53 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 27 Views: 545

Popular Knock Box?

I've had three knock boxes, I think all were pretty good. A small, square, plastic Cafelat box. My only complaint was that because it was so compact, sometimes not all the grounds made it into the box, and it needed to be frequently emptied and cleaned. The Decent knockbox, which was great for catching stray grounds, and held
by robfincher, Today, 11:04 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 36

Boiler and Coffee Cup Heaters on Monza 5010 not heating

Thanks for your reply. I've since found that the fundamental problem is the pump. I thought it was pumping, but it's just vibrating. I pulled it apart, all appeared OK, reassembled it and it worked. Then left it off for 30 minutes, turned it on again, and thereafter it wouldn't pump. So it seems the pump will need to be