Recent posts

by mgwolf
less than a minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 22

Miele CM5200 Brew Issues

Hi Kevin, I see no one has replied to your post. The reason is that this forum attracts mainly espresso/pourover nerds, probably none of whom own a Miele automatic espresso machine. We like to have separate grinders, groomers, tampers, roast our own coffee, etc. You probably should call your local Miele dealer and get it repaired.
by fellowproducts
24 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 30
Views: 928

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

I think we really tried to hit a price point to reach as many people as possible. If market demand is there for a higher end model, we may explore it. Nick
Advertisement
by fellowproducts
25 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 30
Views: 928

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

Working through final cert and logistics for this now. I do believe that our partner Espresso Solutions in the UK will be doing a preorder soon! Keep you posted. Nick
by cafeIKE
34 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 25
Views: 638

Caffeine break

My heart rate was acting up on caffeinated coffee and decaf, regardless of brand. It still acts up even with all the 'good' stuff gone from my life, just not as violently
by Jeff
55 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 76

What machine should I buy?

If one "feels better" to you both than the other, go for it. They are similar enough and you'll either find your choice sufficient for your desires, that making espresso isn't something you want to further pursue, or that you want to go deeper. In either of the two latter cases, you would abandon either machine
by realdoctor
55 minutes ago
Views: 78

Insulated the Boiler Tanks for Marzocco Linea-wanted to share

Good hack, and a lot cheaper than the wool felt I have been using on my PV. The wool is wonderful insulation and very friendly to human health and the environment, but it isn't cheap. Recycling old pillows is a nice idea. Jim
by jpender
1 hour ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 25
Views: 638

Caffeine break

That sucks. Well, better to have a normal heart rhythm though. What do you do in the morning instead of coffee? Cry? :-) Thanks for doing all the work to find a tasty decaf. I'll be giving that one a try for sure. Could it have been coincidence that your heart was acting up when you were drinking it?
by TRH629
2 hours ago
Replies: 23
Views: 393

Wega Mini Nova Rebuild

I confirmed that the takeoff dispersion screw has a M10×1.0 mm thread size. {image} {image} {image}
by jpender
2 hours ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 21
Views: 689

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

I can appreciate that point of view. You can never know. Same goes for so many things. Maybe somebody died in your hotel bed. Or maybe the last person in the room had a communicable disease. Perhaps they stuck the door knob, TV remote, or the shower control handle up their rear end. When you go to a restaurant
by bznelson91
2 hours ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 9
Views: 124

General question about handling cafe drink quality

Thanks, @Jake_G, that's the kind of dialogue I'm looking for. I certainly don't think I'm a master home barista, I'm just at the beginning of my journey, but I'm pretty good at tasting bitter and sour. Maybe the particular bean isn't my favorite in terms of roast level or tasting notes, but I can tell if it's been "well pulled"