Recent Posts

by Nunas, 5 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 8

Magister Stella startup problem

I had a Stella PRO...nice HX machine at a terrific price. I suggest you get in touch with the seller (IDC?). This is abnormal behaviour. Water should not come out of the steam arm, as there's supposed to be an airspace in the top of the boiler. There's a sensor probe in the top of the boiler that should prevent...
by blondica73, 8 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1114 Views: 106684

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

I don't think so as the solenoid closes the flow to the group head during the off period.
by Jonk, 23 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1148 Views: 105086

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

Measure the ID - if it's 38mm I guess it should fit. I think there was some confusion with an Anfim OD 64mm ID 37mm SSP earlier in the thread (those even rotate in the other direction) - and then the geniune Mazzer OD 64mm ID 37mm burr that won't fit either. Unless of course you modify the lower burr...
by Junior, 26 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 123

Kaffeemacher.ch massive test of 24 espresso grinders - coming/in-progress

They definitely need the super heavy weight division for the fanatics!
by gemo, 37 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 8

Magister Stella startup problem

Hi everyone, First time poster here! We just upgraded to a Magister Stella Pro with PID. While trying to start the machine for the first time we've unfortunately encountered a problem. The machine turns on and the pump starts to fill the boiler. But it doesn't get any further! The time-out alarm feature activates and the pump stops. I've tried...
by malling, 59 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 577 Views: 48102

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

There is not many electronic products that isn't delayed or only made in few numbers at the moment, it's just a general problem. Allot are months behind schedule, now there probably different reasons but there is nothing to do besides being patient because things just cannot go at the normal speed in the current climate.
by figius, Today, 5:16 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1114 Views: 106684

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

hello, first post here but i'm a long time lurker. my vivaldi ii is now 15 years old and i plan to replace it soon. i find the variable flow rate and preinfusion time of the gs3mp very attractive, but not the increased complexity and expense. so i've pretty much settled on the lmlm, i think it's the best fit...
by grind727, Today, 5:03 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 99

[FS] Niche Zero

Niche Zero grinder, black Purchased new in January 2021. Used at home for 1 to 2 espressos daily. In great shape and works perfectly. Cleaned and calibrated. Ships in original box and packaging. Comes with a catch cup, tool for accessing burrs, and brush. $600 with shipping included to CONUS or $575 for local Raleigh pickup. {image} {image} {image} {image}
by GDM528, Today, 4:59 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 217 Views: 7103

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

Is there a teardown of the Ikawa out there somewhere? I had been speculating the temperature control feedback loop might work off the temperature of the heater (rather than the airflow) to minimize the loop delay (helps control stability). However, it would improve accuracy if the temp was taken from the actual airflow, but I have a hard time reconciling...
by grind727, Today, 4:58 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 69

[FS] Cafelat Robot

Cafelat Robot in retro green {image} Comes with portafilter, portafilter screen, tamper, basket, portafilter spout, cup mat, extra package of piston seals. $300 with shipping included to CONUS or $275 for local Raleigh pickup.