Recent posts

by bznelson91
less than a minute ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 4

Travel grinder

I have a J-Ultra, and it makes great filter coffee and espresso. Know that any hand grinder is going to be a slog when grinding for espresso, but the J-Ultra isn't too bad if you slow feed it by holding it nearly horizontally while grinding. Brad
by BaristaBoy E61
6 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Views: 21

Help with brew pressure on izzo espresso machine

Sounds like the bottom group valve for exhaust is not opening fully and functioning smoothly. This should be checked, verified and lubricated
Advertisement
by pschueller
7 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 4

Travel grinder

Hi! I'm new to espresso and am looking for a travel grinder. I will need it for pour over with a V60, moka pot, and espresso with a Robot. I think budget will limit me to hand grinders. A Lagom mini would be great, but I don't think I will use it enough to justify the cost. I have been
by Elemsee
18 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 10

Sculptor 078 & Ode SSP - keep both?

I have a Sculptor 078 on the way, and have an unopened never used Fellow Ode w SSPs, outside of a return window. I'm curious if anyone has tried both / has both and if they produce very different cups ? I'm considering just keeping the Ode as well if I can't resell it for around $400.
by odor4fun
44 minutes ago
Views: 36

Breville Dual Boiler rattle and loss of brew pressure

"Breville Dual Boiler 920 little flow through group head"
by Jonk
52 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 214

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

What kind of IMS basket is that? Do you mean Flair's 'low flow'? Pulled two shots this morning. Same grind setting, low pressure pre-infusion and then 8-9 bars declining to 6. * Flair 58, high flow basket*. 18g in, 10s pre-infusion + 13s pull to reach 1:2.2 ratio. * Robot, regular 'barista' basket. 16g in, 10s pre-infusion + 23s
by blondica73
1 hour ago
Replies: 4
Views: 142

La Marzocco Linea Mini brew boiler overheats the water

This morning the boiler did not heat up. I restarted the machine and it heat up ok. However, I suspect the software update since I did not have any issues before that
by tagscuderia
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 12
Views: 646

Presso Smartshot by ROK

So... I stumbled across the product page via Google, with "earlybird" pricing of £100 (RRP £149); for whatever reason, you couldn't navigate to the page on the website, no links. Anyways, I decided to take a punt - if it made good coffee for £100, wouldn't that be great?! A couple of surprises out of the
by mbbrew
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 22
Views: 792

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

ULF have a wide espresso range in the Wug since it has a fixed carrier. I've choked shots on accident a number of times and with most coffees am pulling traditional pressures and ratios 100 micron from chirp. Turbos are in the high 100s to low 200 range
by BodieZoffa
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 171

Breville Dual Boiler gurgling, brand new machines x 2

Of course any machine will need periodic preventive maintenance, but constant o-ring failure, damaged electronics, rusted components shouldn't be considered typical preventive maintenance fixes. Temp stable? Lots on the market... Pre-infusion is like flow control as in way overrated and more of a training wheel approach... Under $2,000? Lots of machines just as capable, much better built and will