Recent Posts

by Bigun404, 22 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1210 Views: 113225

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I had a reply , see below and now I have a contact, £162 shipped and a possible £45 when entering the UK but it could get through. Thank you for email. it costs 220 USD including Fedex. Paypal is available. but now it is all sold out and will be available again 2 weeks
by GDM528, 26 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 50

One green bean - 2 separate roasted products?

This thread might be relevant, although it mostly talks about blending different varieties: "What coffees are you blending? - Theory and Practice"
by GDM528, 33 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 37 Views: 1009

Ikawa Home thermal performance

About that fan... In the following experiment I step the fan speed between 80% to 60% while holding the temperature steady. This will test the Ikawa's ability to hold temperature despite changes in airflow. {image} The app doesn't allow enough fan setpoints to pulse the fan speed both up and down in a single recipe, so
by roughneck, 43 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 14

La Marzocco GS3 AV - Coffee Pressure Question

Maybe to add: The amount of water when set at 9bar during free flow is around 500ml/min Regards, r
by roughneck, 45 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 14

La Marzocco GS3 AV - Coffee Pressure Question

Hi folks, I have a GS3 AV. I haven't paid attention to it for a long time, but I just noticed that the pressure continues to rise above 9 bar (about 12 bar to be exact) during extraction (with coffee). When empty, however, at free flow the pressure remains at 9 bar. If I adjust the
by bas, 47 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 233 Views: 47672

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

Thanks. Yes that is a different grid design. My XL looks like Specialita. That SD one should have less resistance. But why do people get clogging if the ACE gives less resistance compared to XL? I never have had this with my XL (and former Specialita)... Agree that the Eureka bellows only works with quick agressive pumps
by Kcb5150, 48 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 13

Extremely Abused Pre-Mil 2 switch Pavoni.

{image} {image} {image}
by Tim M, 48 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 60

Transfer Function for Cold Drip Coffee

So, today I found this paper: {link} Here's an Hoffman video about the paper (this is how I found it): {video} I'm still absorbing it bit by bit, in-between meetings, it's definitely fueled my interest in this subject though. I note there's been no traction on this thread, maybe I'm dreaming a bit to hard but I'm still
by GDM528, 51 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 17 Views: 600

Ikawa Home vs Bullet

Awesome! Here's a recipe I ginned up to spoof a drum roaster, with a linearly declining RoR over a 9-minute roast that should land in the City/City+ range: {link} If at some point you can post curves from your Bullet, I can try cloning it onto the Ikawa, so the biggest difference between the machines would
by Kcb5150, 51 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 13

Extremely Abused Pre-Mil 2 switch Pavoni.

This whole pavoni was abused horribly. Amazingly, the electrics are flawless. Anyone ever encounter this issue with a pavoni group? The siphon screws in and functions fine, but the screw which is part of the whole casting it seems has split along the thread on the very edge. There's no signs of deformation on the siphon so maybe rot plus