Recent Posts

by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, less than a minute ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 8 Views: 227

Crown Jewel Decaf Ethiopia Organic Oromia Natural SW Process

Hmm not sure. The "Klatch Sugarcane" is still by far my favorite decaf. I enjoyed it but was not blown away as an espresso - 20 in 38 out. Only one shot and one roast so not much experience. I get the Sacher torte reference but mine didn't seem sweet. Maybe because the
by JonnyTran, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 55

Mythos burrs in Eureka Drogheria MCD4 85mm

With the stock 85mm burrs I was able to reach the chirp point, although the grind adjustment becomes very annoyingly hard to turn in that turkish/espresso area. With the Mythos 75mm burrs, I turned the grind dial past this point until when the dial could not turn anymore, so that let me to believe the burr carrier reached its
by YvesMcQueen, 5 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Bezzera bz07 sometimes heats up and builds pressure sometimes not

Hey comunity, I have a weard issue with my bezzera bz07. It served me very well so far but since short I have two issues with it and therefor two questions I hope someone can give me the answers too. Problem number one; It started after I had the machine on for
by baristainzmking, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 205

Comparing Monolith MC3 to MC4 and beyond

It's too bad you are in SOCal, we could do our own comparison
by bakafish, 13 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 21

Mahlkönig E80 GBW

Thanks David. Does it use the special steel burrs which is the same as the E80S' or the cast burrs used in the PEAK?
by Chert, 15 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 16

Professional machine for outdoor event

I've seen Burning man referenced on these pages. Examples : "A lever, not sure if ever went to Burning Man - see first post" But I think this one has been there: "Playa"
by Almico, 16 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 64 Views: 828

Artisan setup: Vint TMP1200 2xRTD

The saga continues... I just received my RTD probes from phidget. The cables are only 3 feet long. Not much I can do with a 3 foot long temperature probe. Only had to wait a week, to be back where I started from
by dominico, 19 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 9 Views: 273

The 6th annual Chicago/Milwaukee BBQ/Tapas/Now Pizza Party

I cannot make the 9th. I'll update the sheet with my available today
by Nunas, 29 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 13 Views: 97

Profitec Pro 700 - Losing temperature, not heating back up

I have the same sort of valve in my Synchronika (my Sync looks a lot like your 700). However, I've never messed with it, so can't speak with any authority. I do know that it is a spring-loaded ball valve, which would suggest clockwise to tighten. But, what the heck, if you put a hash mark on it, there's no
by Coffeeshark, 30 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 21

Mahlkönig E80 GBW

Hi all, My Mahlkönig E80 GBW arrived today. Delivered by an official Mahlkönig dealer in Germany. With the 250g bean hopper as an accessory for a total of EUR 3,000 incl. VAT/sales tax and shipping (that's USD 2,670 before sales tax). First pictures can be found here: {link} To put this into perspective: I've been in the