Recent Posts

by boren, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 72

Grinding coffee beans stored in a frozen bean cellar without defrosting?

I plan to move the beans to storage 9 days after roasting, which is close to optimal in my experience. I use a Gene Cafe roaster, and ~9 days after roasting usually works well for both darker roasts (where it's the end of their "prime") and lighter ones (where it's the beginning). I normally roast to medium level, so it...
by emradguy, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 32 Views: 1248

Lever Wanted

I'm not sure "over pay" is accurate for the used market. If you're looking at Kafatek grinders, which essentially sell for the price of a new one, the price is still fair. You're eliminating the difficult process of acquiring a new one, the very long wait, and the need to season the burrs. Those things are worth a premium. The...
by bokhamees, 3 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 2

I have eureka olympus 75e and i have proplem

hi my proplem is the coffee stuck in the place i pictured and when i clean it it gets trapped again after tow or three uses and then the coffee become tastes bad because the old coffee mixes with the new i tried remove thise part but nothing improve
by DanN, 25 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 119

Building a better Phin

I am a fan of the Vietnamese phin and I believe you can make a stellar cup if you know how to use it correctly. In fact all old school dripolators, German Walkure's use the same concept. Thang long brand in Amazon carries all sizes in one place and I believe it's called Fitzy shop. I bought all models 6cm(...
by BaristaBoy E61, 27 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 72

Grinding coffee beans stored in a frozen bean cellar without defrosting?

Perhaps the biggest factor in grinding frozen beans might be if frozen too soon post roast that they might not have had sufficient time to degas and properly age to optimal taste.
by Mbb, 54 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 57 Views: 1496

How many grams do you drink per cup or per day?

29 g per 16 oz cup Two oer day
by Ad-85, 57 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 93 Views: 7009

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva

{video}
by IamOiman, Today, 8:15 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 461

1953 Gaggia Classica 1 Group

I forgot to note two additional things from yesterday. as I was cleaning the piston I noted there was a decent amount of play between the rack piece screwing into the piston and the rack itself. The rack is a three piece assembly involving a pin that secures two pieces together. By design there is a little play where the...
by Yan, Today, 8:05 am in Grinders
Replies: 743 Views: 76246

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

It's better to try which one do you like in cups less retention more fines or less fines, faster drawdown (pourover) and better clarity... I choose less fines but my retention not more than 1gr @20gr
by pizzaman383, Today, 7:46 am in Grinders
Replies: 11 Views: 1032

KitchenAid Pro Mazzer Mini to SSP brewing burrs.

I bet the parts could be 3D printed.