Recent posts

by seanyg
less than a minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 46

Breville Dual Boiler rattle and loss of brew pressure

Sounds like the pump, but after 4 years it will certainly need an oring change too
by oiselet
11 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

Greetings! I have successfully performed maintenance on my E61 grouphead once before. I have a rocket appartamento. The machine is five years old, so I decided to get a generic set of replacement parts from blue-star-coffee for the E61, and set about replacing the old parts on my grouphead. I ran into problems when I went to put
Advertisement
by drgary
15 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 17
Views: 447

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

You asked about coffee roasters in Olympia, WA. Olympia Coffee Roasting was excellent last time I checked. Dancing Goats should be good and used to be called Batdorf and Bronson. If you find yourself driving from Olympia to Portland, I'm on the way and can demonstrate a proper pull on a vintage La Pavoni, which is very similar to my
by Jeff
22 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4
Views: 224

Extracamundo! Temperature adjustments?

Extractamundo Dos was developed using "high extraction" burrs. While it does a good job with more traditional burrs, the the stock DF-series burrs, Niche Zero, or things like Mazzer or 64 HUs, you'll likely have to target a longer ratio. With high-flow shots, going too fine changes the flow dynamic and the resulting shot in ways different than traditional shots
by gabeholloway
23 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 8
Views: 106

Travel grinder

I had a K-Plus (magnetic) and ZP6 (threaded), and I MUCH prefer the magnetic. Very strong and, for my use, never slipped off while grinding
by Axxam
25 minutes ago
Replies: 24
Views: 414

Wega Mini Nova Rebuild

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the exact help you provided. I am clear that I can use the machine without the dispersion plate/screw. I will make sure to measure the threads and match accordingly. NB: This is a seasonal project and it is time to leave for a while. I am a snowbird spending time in
by pschueller
29 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 8
Views: 106

Travel grinder

Have you had any issues with the magnetic catch cup falling off to easily?
by rbh1515
36 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 22

What's your view when you make espresso.

{image} Here is my view in our new house on Lake Michigan!
by rbh1515
37 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 109

What's your view when you make espresso?

Maybe this thread can be deleted...don't see how to edit my post!
by yakster
51 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 30
Views: 904

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

I used to pack an immersion water heater coil and use it with my stainless steel travel mug / press (Impress/Presse) but even though they are small, they're not very robust, safe, or convenient