Recent posts

by Mike-R
4 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 43
Views: 1181

Latte Art Diagnosis

You did well to continue to the top of the cup, so definitely an improvement. Hopefully you're happy with your progress. It still seems like you're slowing down when you get about half way across the surface, though. This is especially true at the top of the design, where you hold the pitcher stationary and add a
by tomy2
22 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 95
Views: 12059

Option-O 98mm Mizen Burrs - User Experience

Thanks for your insights on the 98 mizen. It definitely seems tried and true, whereas the 102 is still working out the kinks so to speak at least with the production
Advertisement
by ibetnoonehasthis
42 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 84

[FS] Linea Micra

Includes: Custom Powder Coat GS3 style steam wand Pantechinon knobs and slider kit - $453 purchased new Pantechinon portafilter handle Pantechinon Stainless Steel Feet - $45 purchased new ACE services shot timer - $160 purchased new Grafikus Pre Infusion Kit - $790 purchased new Weidermann leather cup tray cover - $35 purchased new LaMarzocco GB5
by another_jim
46 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 58
Views: 3852

Mazzer Philos Comments

I prefer the 189 for any dark roast or medium roast which have no acidity. As I said in the review, the 200 burr creates a lot sweetness whenever there is acidity in the coffee; but falls flat when there is none. The 189 is a little cleaner and sweeter on roasty flavors, but doesn't give a nice rendition of
by cannonfodder
49 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 76

Leave espresso machine on during descaling?

Heat makes the citric acid more aggressive. The hotter the water, the quicker it works. When I descale I try to drain my boilers as much as possible then let the machine refill from a container of citric acid solution. Then let it heat to temperature and turn it off to soak for a while. How long depends
by cannonfodder
57 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3
Views: 191

IMS baskets with 18g of coffee (Mara X users)

The headspace afforded by a larger basket with a lower dose versus a smaller basket with a higher dose can make quite a difference in the extraction and timing. I switch between the IMS competition basket and the Strada basket on my GS3. You just have to work with them and find what works best with a given coffee and
by atroster99
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 95
Views: 12059

Option-O 98mm Mizen Burrs - User Experience

No 102 experience but lots of info on the forum about 98 mizen. It's outstanding. It has body, very nice tempering of acidity for light roasts and still really good flavor separation. I can get floral bomb espressos. It's not blended in style but more so than A 98 HU ssp would be- which
by jeffreylam98
1 hour ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 58
Views: 3852

Mazzer Philos Comments

How is the 200d burr for medium - dark roast espresso ?
by blondica73
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 42
Views: 980

Roaster Automation - Drum Roaster

Did some more tinkering and bought the Clippard SCPV-1-3 valve and the driver. I modified the existing Arduino code and got it to work. I'll post some pictures and roasts once I dial it in
by nemesiss45
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6
Views: 117

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Well, that make sense, about the boiler. My main problem is with what the gauge is reading... I guess it is usable if the pressure is accurate, but I don't feel like I can trust what it is reading when I is doing the strange paradoxical movements... there is no way that the internal pressure is spiking so high... right?